Gargantuan Real Life Shootout - PICS NOW ONLINE

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Re: Gargantuan Real Life Shootout

Thanx /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
It was imagestation that has taken down the pics in ALL my threads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
They are up in this thread though since I changed my image host.

About the Arc LS1 5W BB750 by Jets22:
arc5w_jets22.jpg

It is a perfectly polishes LS1 with twisty that is modded with a BB750, a 5W LS and a Fraen LP optix.
It produces a very bright sharply defined medium flood with a slight donut hole and, in the case of my emitter, blue corners /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif :
arc5w_jets22_beam.jpg

The beam is very useful in medium distances (see first post), but obviously too bright for closeup. Heat is of course a major problem in a design this small, even if the BB750 cannot be driven at full power from 1x123 I think.
A nice touch is the tritium marker and the black around the bezel .. very stylish!
If you want a duty light and not a gem to show off, I'd go with a BB500 ... more runtime, less heat, longer constant burn possible.

hope this helped

bernhard

lambo

Newly Enlightened

Thanks, Bernhard. That's exactly what I was looking for. Makes me want one even more, of course, but there's such a dearth of good 5Ws around that I doubt it'll happen, at least for a while.

Now if we could only get all the pictures back from your 1x123 shootout! (I'm just kidding, don't repost them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Kiessling

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif that's true ... when I've the time I'll repost them to my new host.
bernhard

PS09

Enlightened

Bernhard only now I have look this thread.
Great reviews!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Pietro

cy

Flashaholic

time to visit this wonderful thread again. beautiful work!

makes me want an M6 and MRX even more.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Kiessling said:
yepp, with the E2C the old E2e would look a bit better, sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
but it wouldn't be an E2e any more ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

you have to keep in mind, too, that those lights that kill the E2e are state of the art high tech lights and not readily available to non-CPFers AND are quite a bit more expensive. So I have to admit that my statement about the death of the E2e is a rather subjective one and can hardly be true outside this community.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif
bernhard

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, i was gonna say the E2e shot is in reality about middle ground in brightness in the shot's, and stock. alot of custom high $$ stuff, tuned to the max is a different story to my thinking.
still great lite. great work !
I am really enjoying looking at all the beams shot's. VDG

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast

thankyou Kiessling for the awesome work!
this shootout has helped me out many times /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

dukeleto

Newly Enlightened

How much do you insure you flashlight collection for? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Olivier

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Olivier ... I have no collection /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif
I am reselling almost all the lights to free funds for the new ones, I am not rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Currently I have only about 20 high tech lights in my drawer and half of the ones seen in this shootout are gone ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif ... but there is no other way.

bernhard

PAtwood

Newly Enlightened

What a great collection of pics, priceless even! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

makar

Enlightened

great and useful comparison!
you push me towards the sf m6 - are you aware of that?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic

makar ... you won't regret it. It is the King of Flashlights.
Chris (Merisian Tactical) "forced" me to buy one as an acccessory for the SF123 batteries I ordered from him and I never regretted it a single moment.
Except maybe when changing the batteries /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
bernhard

makar

Enlightened

that's what i'm afraid of too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif