GatLight V3 - Carbon Fiber / Titanium with Cree XR-E

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
*drool*
I'm liking the looks of things. GatLight V3 is definitely keeping my attention... and keeping it is usually rather hard for most products to do.
:grin2:
Just let me know when to send the money.

Free

Enlightened
Walter, I am in, and will be a good addition to my V1, and 3V2's. I sent you a PM.

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
:)

In the video it seems like the Brightness knob is not so sensitive,looks like the light suddenly goes to high after low.
Rather than switching levels smoothly all the way to high.

Are my eyes or the video playing tricks with me?

I think you should make a new video if this is misleading.
Or just :twak: me if it is me who only see this...

:D

Benny

Last edited:

LumenCraft1

Newly Enlightened
Trust me the brightness adjustment is very smooth. I think what you are seeing is a result of the camera I am using. As the brightness increases in front of the camera, it tends to adjust to compensate for the difference. Ill try taking another video with a different camera.
-Kyle

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
LumenCraft1 said:
I think what you are seeing is a result of the camera I am using. As the brightness increases in front of the camera, it tends to adjust to compensate for the difference.
Also, posting videos in flash isn't the best way to present them as far as accuracy goes - frames per second and compression factor in. But I think we all get the idea that this suckers is :drool:

john

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update
Time for another update. We have started ordering parts, circuit boards... and other key components for a first production run.

Machining
Than regarding the machine shop we have been using so far we have continuesly received parts from them that were simply not the quality we have been expecting and which we had to redo or send back. We have talked to them several times they redid several parts, but things didn't get better, despite promises.

As a result we are going with a new shop that primarily does aerospace and
medical work. Most of their machines are Swiss built they specialize in Swiss turning and the people that run it are responsive and we feel they deliver the quality we are looking for.

This Friday Kyle will fly out here to CA... we'll than meet up with the executives to finalize the details for this first V3 production run. Also we want their opinion in regards to another light :drool: . Our goal is to finalize things so that we can start GatLight V3 production soon afterwards.

Also our goal is to start taking orders/pre-orders maybe as early as this coming Sunday (unless something else came up). Those on our email list will get a notice a couple hours ahead before we'll post it here on cpf.

ETA

Well our goal is to start ordering the expensive parts (machining, injection molded parts) after the meeting this coming friday. Than obviously it depends on the lead times of the manufacturers. Typically it takes about a month until we have all the parts we need.. than another couple of weeks to build the lights.

Weskix

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the update, I was wondering will the first production run be all natural, or the natural and Black (Tuxedo)? Also have you narrowed down the price range for each model, will prices exceed $300 or stay between $250 and $300 like anticipated? Thanks in advance.

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update
Time for another update. We have started ordering parts, circuit boards... and other key components for a first production run.

Machining
Than regarding the machine shop we have been using so far we have continuesly received parts from them that were simply not the quality we have been expecting and which we had to redo or send back. We have talked to them several times they redid several parts, but recent stuff we got from htme, things didn't get better, despite promises.

As a result we are going with a new shop that primarily does aerospace and
medical work. Most of their machines are Swiss built they specialize in Swiss turning and the people that run it are responsive and we feel they deliver the quality we are looking for.

This Friday Kyle will fly out here to CA... we'll than meet up with the executives to finalize the details for this first V3 production run. Also we want their opinion in regards to another light :drool: . Our goal is to finalize things so that we can start GatLight V3 production soon afterwards and start showing you our other light.

Our goal is to start taking orders/pre-orders maybe as early as this coming Sunday (unless we don't have the shopping cart infrastructure ready). Those on our email list will get a notice a day or two ahead before we'll post it here on cpf.

ETA

Well our goal is to start ordering the expensive parts (machining, injection molded parts) after the meeting this coming Fiday. Than obviously it depends on the lead times of the manufacturers. Typically it takes about a month until we have all the parts we need.. than another couple of weeks to build the lights.

LED
By the way if you look back in the thread we changed the design from having a longer optic to having a shorter optic. Forgot to mention that but the reason for that is because we switched to using a Seoul P4 LED. We tested the Cree's and the Seoul's with the best optics we could find that fit. The result was that the Seoul's had 25% better hotspot brightness. Also on the low levels the Seouls have amazing efficiencies and on top of that, our contacts at Seoul are really nice and very friendly to deal with.

M.TEX

Enlightened
THANK YOU !

This is going to be a fun weekend !

If I am one of the first 5 I will be VERY HAPPY !

Good Job Walter and Kyle !

M.TEX

fleegs

Enlightened
Shouldn't the tiltle of the thread be update to "...with Seoul LED"?

As well as the specs in the first post?

rob

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
true... gonna change it right now... trust us... Seoul P4 is quite a bit brighter than the Cree's... also slightly more efficient... the only disadvantage is a slight color shift to a bluer white at the lower brightness levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.