Glow in the Dark Projects and Mods

htn740

Newly Enlightened
I got it from Tofty. it is a pendant 1" tall made of silver. the other one is also made of silver. the vials are 2.25 by 3mm.

htn740

Newly Enlightened
I haven't seen any that bright. Most need pitch/near blackness or uv assist to photo that well. What's the cost on something like that?
Correct, but even in dim light it glows beautifully,and shows the colors, but not as much as in the picture. BTW, I did not use any UV light for the picture. (I took the picture in dim light and added brightness later to the picture. Originally almost the same picture as the one I posted before)
picture.php

Cost depends on the material used and if you want the tritium installed.
http://www.shapeways.com/product/5Z...l-materials?li=shop-results&optionId=42258087

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Ha-ha! You don't need any flashlights, Father. :)

For a second I thought you used to work for a government radiation lab. :)

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
father, some serious work there!
mcbrat, that knife is really neat. Hit that with some UV and I bet you could read a map in the dark!

kjwx

Newly Enlightened
Last Saturday I had a new biohacking implant installed in my hand. It's a tritium vial called a Firefly Tattoo. No, I'm not kidding and yes safety measures are in place to prevent beta emission under my skin. Currently sold in two colours; I got green. Am loving how it glows through my skin at night, even through my bandages and gauze. Having trouble uploading an image from my phone but you can read more here.