Gold plated klarus mi x6

nutcracker

Newly Enlightened
Thank you, could you post a picture of the golden Mi X6 here, if you get yours?
That would be cool

nutcracker

Newly Enlightened
For your info: The german store selected-lights.de already has the golden mi X6. But it isn't yet in the online shop. Same as taclights.co.uk
It costs 69€ incl. 19% VAT

AlphaZen

Enlightened
These would be much more appealing if half the gold wasn't covered up with black engraving. Klarus certainly isn't subtle about branding its lights.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
These would be much more appealing if half the gold wasn't covered up with black engraving. Klarus certainly isn't subtle about branding its lights.

Yeah, I asked them to tone it down, but was not very successful. :)

LOL. Well, good attempt anyways. Glad we're on the same page.

No way. I actually think they chose well using the dark engraving. Gives it more of a from-the-factory look, as if there were a reason for it to be gold, not just some cheap light you had dipped in gold like an ***. Lookin' good!

34oybk5.jpg

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Surprise! On the Mi X6 Au that I just received from TacLight the engravings are not in black but in pale yellow, even a bit difficult to read but totally unobtrusive. :grin2:

Will post pictures as soon as I can get hold of my camera that is provisionally on the missing list (I recently changed its storing place .....).:eek:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should know by now that 'I store the camera (or whatever) here so it is easier to find it when I need it' is the stupidest thing that a man can do .... :rolleyes:

After a search that lasted for the best part of a day the camera is now back in its original place, not before having been used for:

atvlgm.jpg

t9fhqa.jpg

107rpt4.jpg

The beams of the three Mi X6 lights (s/s, s/s + Au, Ti) are practically identical and the tints similar and all pleasant. I must say that I am no longer sure that I will give my wife the golden one as a gift though .... ;)

nutcracker

Newly Enlightened
Oh crap, now I want a golden Klarus mi X6.
But I can't spend any ore money on flashlights right now (just ordered a HDS light) :)

vaizki

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered 2 of these... Wife has her bday on the 30th so great timing

Bass

Enlightened
Kilovolt - how's the weight compared to the Ti Mi X6? I have a Ti version and the first thing that struck me when I opened it was how light it was, it weighs practically nothing!

nutcracker

Newly Enlightened
@Bass
It should be as heavy as the SS version. Because the took a SS version an gold-plated it.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Including the same type of NiMH battery the weight is:

- s/s = 25 g

- Ti = 26 g

- Au = 32 g

I don't believe they have put on 7 g of gold (@ $56 per g) though. :naughty:

BTW for hanging this light from the neck I found a material that's just about perfect: for a couple of bucks you can get 10' of suede microfiber cord that looks like leather but it's supple, available in many colors and can be washed. You can buy it from the suppliers of stuff for home-made jewelry, just Google 'faux suede microfiber cord'. :cool:

Last edited:

nutcracker

Newly Enlightened
Heavier than the SS version? That surprises me, because they said the took the SS version.

PS: The X5 AAAA Version on their page shows the proper pictures with golden letters. Whereas the X6 AAA shows a black lettering on their page.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Including the same type of NiMH battery the weight is:

- s/s = 25 g

- Ti = 26 g

- Au = 32 g

I don't believe they have put on 7 g of gold (@ $56 per g) though. :naughty:

There is something wrong with you weights, the Ti is 1 gram more than the SS :confused:

Without battery I get:
Ti: 12.1 gram
SS: 16.3 gram

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, let's try again without the batteries:

s/s = 18 g

Ti = 12 g

Au = 17 g

OTOH I found an unexpected difference in weight between batteries of the same type