Gold plated klarus mi x6

Bass

Enlightened
Thanks for the weights guys. I get 12g for the Ti Mi-X6 on my scales.

I can't imagine their is much gold plating on this at all, the price is the same as the SS/Ti version :thinking: I guess their 'lamination process in exclusive vacuum environment' is where the weight comes from?

Kilovolt, if I read your weights correctly, the Gold version weighs less than the SS? (without batteries)

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kilovolt, if I read your weights correctly, the Gold version weighs less than the SS? (without batteries)

Yes my s/s version (one of the first delivered) weighs 1 g more than the new Au. Since the steel bodies must be completely machined this slight difference does not surprise me.

Bass

Enlightened
Thanks for the clarification. Must be batch variation, as you say.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
If the Revo existed in Titanium, then it'd the best..
You realize of course the danger in ascribing rank to a single light with no context within which to place that rating.

The Revo as it stands is already a better light than titanium would be for some people, just as this gold plated offering is the best for others. None of them worth a damn to a soldier on night patrol who wants to see what it is that's making the shuffling of boots sounding along the creek bed they've been attacked from before.

The gold plated Klarus, which this thread is about, should be a wonderful light, and do what it was intended to do better than any other at this price point. LEJ - Light Emitting Jewelry.

kreisler

Banned
right you are, i agree. in the quote i was comparing a Titanium Revo vs. a Titanium Klarus.

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I really want to get one of these, but for keychain carry steel or titanium are going to be the only ones that will always look good. Yeah, the neutral Revo in titanium would have been a great light, but 4Sevens once again showing their confusing logic in completely discontinuing it.

Definitely have my sights on a gold plated Klarus, especially if they ever give it a neutral or warm tint.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I also wanted a golden Klarus:
DSC_0255.jpg

Weight:
Steel: 16.3 gram and 15.7 gram (I have two of these)
Ti: 12.1 gram
Gold: 16.8 gram

kreisler

Banned
Klarus? it's their website, the webpages, and the marketing; i also appreciate their published discharge graphs a lot! And of course the detail in design: slick, beautiful, titanium, gold, with excellent regulation.

Last edited: