Got My Illuminati!

ubetit

Newly Enlightened
The XP-G R5 are all L-M-H right ? While the XP-E Q5 have either M-L-H or L-M-H option. I pre-ordered the R5, hope it is L-M-H when it reaches me.

No, it is not just limited to the Q5, my XP-G R5 is M>L>H

I prefer it that way as medium is my most used setting.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually I'm going to reconfirm shortly but I think your light is actually a Q5. I'll follow up later today.

Last edited:

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
How can you tell the difference between the 2 leds? can someone post a pic of the two?

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, you need to look very closely at the LED.

The XP-G's have 4 rows, the XP-E have 3.

.xpe_xpg2.jpg

Haz

Enlightened
Received mine, pretty impressive light, the knurling and polish on the light is top notch. The led is perfectly centre, due to the device used to centre the led in the head. Brightness for each individual levels seems well spaced out. L-M-H is personally my favourite setting for a small keychain light. The attachment point allows keychain carry and tail stand.

Another note, I do find the attachment point a fairly thin, the hole is small and very close to the edge, probably less than 1mm, so not too sure how well it will hold up over time, is this normal?

Last edited:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received mine and it's a beauty but no fan of M/L/H so I am upset. Hopefully there will be a L/M/H to replace this one with as L/M/H was the only selling point that made me purchase this.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I saw that post you made in the other thread Matt. I did send an email today. Are there any L/M/H versions going to be available for replacements?

chaosmagnet

Newly Enlightened
My IlluminaTi arrived today. Mine is the R5 version. I've confirmed that it was the correct emitter (thanks, EngrPaul!) and the UI is correct (L-M-H). It shipped with an Energizer Lithium installed.

As far as the light itself is concerned, the threads were a bit gritty-feeling but working the head back and forth as suggested previously made the action much better.

In short, I'm thrilled to pieces. What a great beam! The only disappointment is that I have to put it away and wait until Christmas.

Darn it Matt! Why can't you make Christmas happen on the seventh of December! What kind of lousy customer service is this!?!?!

madmook

Newly Enlightened
Er... couldn't you just disregard what day it is, since you already have the light in your possession, and start using it right away? What is making you wait until Christmas day?

easilyled

Flashaholic
Er... couldn't you just disregard what day it is, since you already have the light in your possession, and start using it right away? What is making you wait until Christmas day?

Presumably the dreaded R-word or the dreaded T-word.

R for religion. :eeksign:

T for tradition. :duck: