Groundhog Day, you wake up back at the start with no lights - first purchase?

LGT

Enlightened
1. ZL SC64c
2. Armytek barracuda nw.

those are the two lights that I use 90% of the time, they cover all of my lighting needs. I've had many surefires and HDS, but it's always these two that I fall back to.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
Emisar D4v2 or HDS Rotary.

The more of either I carry, the more I'm convinced I don't need anything else.

The Zebralight SC64c LE is a great EDC, but a little basic with no whiz-bang to it. Too practical.

I guess it'd be those three, some headlamp like the Armytek Wizard, and then avoid the black hole that is collecting.

coffeeandlifting

Newly Enlightened
I would have to start with the basics and get a light for the most important role IMO which is emergency/defensive. A high intensity single-output light for the bedside is a must. I would be on the hunt for an old surefire combatlight of some variety, or just any "tactical" (single-output) variant of any of their popular handhelds: 6PX Tactical, P3X Tactical, G2ZX, P2ZX, etc.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I was starting over, I could skip over a whole bunch of lights that taught me something but don't get much use and go straight for the lights that provide me with the most utility.

If I just need a light, the light I grab the most often is the Streamlight Polytac. Excellent beam, good level spacing, awesome clip, and relatively indestructible. My only complaint is that it doesn't tailstand. So as my first purchase, I'd probably get the Streamlight Polytac X since it's basically the same thing, but can tailstand. I don't actually like the clip as much, but it's still a good clip.

Latest posts