• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Haiku Batteries. Which Do You Use? Primaries or Rechargables?

jyak

Newly Enlightened
I need some advice. I am looking to move my single cell Haiku to rechargeable fuel and I do not want to fry it. I believe that the range is 500mAh to 750mAh from what I have read on the boards for my 219v Nichia. I have considered the EagleTac 16340 RCR123A RCR123 750mAh Protected, but I would like some advice before purchasing a few cells. Additionally, I am concerned about the fit as I have been burned there before. Thoughts?

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need some advice. I am looking to move my single cell Haiku to rechargeable fuel and I do not want to fry it. I believe that the range is 500mAh to 750mAh from what I have read on the boards for my 219v Nichia. I have considered the EagleTac 16340 RCR123A RCR123 750mAh Protected, but I would like some advice before purchasing a few cells. Additionally, I am concerned about the fit as I have been burned there before. Thoughts?

For something as special as the Haiku, I wouldn't be putting anything in there but AW Protected RCR123. They've got such a long pedigree of being a quality cell, compared to many newcomers that have yet to prove themselves.

jyak

Newly Enlightened
For something as special as the Haiku, I wouldn't be putting anything in there but AW Protected RCR123. They've got such a long pedigree of being a quality cell, compared to many newcomers that have yet to prove themselves.

Mike, thank you, I really appreciate the reply. I just cannot seem to find the AW Protected RCR123 anywhere. Very open to suggestions if you have any direction that you can point me to find them. I am using Surefire primaries right now and would like to move to a better format.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
For protected cells I like the Fenix ones that I have, model number ARB-L16-700. All of mine have tested above 700mAh capacity and I haven't had any issues with the protection circuit, but all my lights have low voltage protection anyway.

jyak

Newly Enlightened
For protected cells I like the Fenix ones that I have, model number ARB-L16-700. All of mine have tested above 700mAh capacity and I haven't had any issues with the protection circuit, but all my lights have low voltage protection anyway.
Dan, thank you. And many thanks to everyone for chiming in and helping out a new guy around batteries. I will check out the Fenix batteries, and get some additional education from HKJ and all of his numerous postings. Will these Fenix batteries not damage my Haiku? That is my biggest concern at the onset. I just do not want to make a bad choice here as I love this little light and it gets used often, due to form factor, throw and rendering. Any guidance by the experts at large is appreciated for the battery choice that will not fry the unit. Thank you.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I purchased the AW as they were recommended to me when I decided to take the dive into Li-Ion rechargeables. As of late, I found Orbtronic when I did a search for 16650 protected and I have now purchased some batteries from them in various sizes. I am not a heavy user but am satisfied with the company's service and their product to this date. Do any of you have some track record with any of their batteries?

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the difference between RCR, and ICR?

R is usually affixed to CR123 or CR2 to let you know they are lithium ion not primary. RCR123. 16340 is their size, similar in naming to 18650, 16650 etc

ICR is a Lithium ion chemistry, it's old and theres better around. The fact they both have 3 letters is coincidence