HAPPY NATIONAL FLASHLIGHT DAY (UM...NIGHT)!

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
The longest night of the year, welcome to National Flashlight Day (and night)

Don't be left in the dark on National Flashlight Day. The basic requirement for this day, is a flashlight and good batteries. Flick the switch, and you can put anything into your spotlight.

We'd like to shed a little light on this special day. National Flashlight Day arrives on Winter Solstice, which is the shortest day...and longest night.... of the year. "Watt" that means, is that there's lots and lots of darkness. With all of those dark hours, your flashlight is apt to get a good workout.

You never know when you will need a flashlight. National Flashlight Day is a good day to make sure you and your family know where the flashlights are. Test each flashlight, to be sure the batteries are good. When in doubt, replace the batteries with new ones. It is also a good idea to put a flashlight in your car.

Did You Know? The flashlight was invented in 1898 by Joshua Lionel Cowen. However, this wasn't his greatest invention. He also invented the Lionel train.

:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is only for us "Northeners" only correct? For those who use the Southern Cross to navigate by I believe it is the longest day of the year.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is only for us "Northeners" only correct? For those who use the Southern Cross to navigate by I believe it is the longest day of the year.

Correct. This means there are 2 National Flashlight days per year!!!! Never realized that one, perhaps that's why I really want to go to Australia.

Tonight is battery maintenance night, before the power goes out forever. Right now it's raining, snowing and hailing at the same time... isn't that how they said the end would start in the book of Apocalypse??

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are we not here because EVERY night is Flashlight Night?!?!?

I know it is for me!

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are we not here because EVERY night is Flashlight Night?!?!?

I know it is for me!

Yes, but the is only one NATIONAL flashlight night where you can use your lights for longer than the rest of the nights. I'm now thinking we need a Northen Emisphere and Southern Emisphere National Flashlight Nights

Raven5221

Newly Enlightened
In honor of National Flashlight Day, I am carrying three flashlights to our End of The World party tonight, 4Sevens Preon 1, Sunwayman M10A, and Mini Maglite 3AA. :) Have a happy holiday!

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
------
Did You Know? The flashlight was invented in 1898 by Joshua Lionel Cowen. However, this wasn't his greatest invention. He also invented the Lionel train.
----

Actually he didn't!
Common mistake. He invented the photographic flash lamp/gun as they were called at the time. The official inventor of the flashlight is David Misell, who after patenting it sold the invention to C. Hubert who went on to form Ever Ready.

Latest posts