Has Anybody Tested Solarforce L2 R2 Lumens Ratings?

Chroma

Newly Enlightened
Let me preface this with saying I did search for about a half hour looking for the answer to this question and I did find some opinions but no solid answer.

I am looking for lumens ratings on the Solarforce L2 R2 5-Mode that are commonly sold on Ebay. The sites usually claim 300 lumens. From experiences of people on here I read that some people think it's more like 220 Lumens while others think it's more like 150.

But the threads that I found related to this topic seemed to be more of peoples "general opinion" and not a real reading being taken. Just people comparing them to other lights output that they own.

I'm wondering if anybody has done a real test on these and what the findings were? Didn't find anything like that and any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a sticky on this section and yes MrGman tested an R2 P60 drop-in. I think his was purchased at Lighthound.com.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/229135

Here they are:
Solarforce Cree R2-S_________210____________________2 primaries__________Surefire 6P host___________,
Solarforce Cree R2-S_________190____________________2X17500 LI___________Solarforce L2 Host 1 extension,
Solarforce Cree Q5,__________150____________________2X17500 LI___________Solarforce L2 Host 1 extension,

Please note that I purchased the Alpha G8 P60 drop-in claimed to be 400 lumens and it was putting out 150ish OTF.

Chroma

Newly Enlightened
It is a sticky on this section and yes MrGman tested an R2 P60 drop-in. I think his was purchased at Lighthound.com.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/229135

Here they are:
Solarforce Cree R2-S_________210____________________2 primaries__________Surefire 6P host___________,
Solarforce Cree R2-S_________190____________________2X17500 LI___________Solarforce L2 Host 1 extension,
Solarforce Cree Q5,__________150____________________2X17500 LI___________Solarforce L2 Host 1 extension,

Please note that I purchased the Alpha G8 P60 drop-in claimed to be 400 lumens and it was putting out 150ish OTF.

Well I feel really dumb right now. Mod, if you can delete this, I offer my sincere apologies and will check the sticky next time.

Thanks bigchelis

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Solarforce is a good brand with great build quality and output for it's cost but the ratings are inflated alot. That said, their drop-ins are just as bright as most R2 P60 drop-ins and they are a solid choice even if not close to their claimed 300 lumens.

Ian2381

Enlightened
I'm Also curious with the OTF Lumens of SOlarforce L2 R2 on 1x18650.
Does anyone tested yet, seen reviews on 2x 18650...

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm Also curious with the OTF Lumens of SOlarforce L2 R2 on 1x18650.
Does anyone tested yet, seen reviews on 2x 18650...
I have two and use them with a 18650 battery ... I have no idea what the output is in lumens but it is (for me) the ideal torch ... I can carry it easily in my (largish) pockets and it performs very well though the tactical head might pose a problem with finer clothing materials ... The finish is superb for the money and I can't see any reason to go to one of the ultra expensive torches ... It is my most expensive torch.

I also have a L2i which is supposed to be used with three AAA cells in a cassette ... I put a 5mm spacer at the head end of the barrel and with a plastic spacer tube inside, it is also in use with a 18650 ... This is great if you only want a single mode light.

I must admit that I would be interested in finding out the output power in Lumens, but whatever it is I will still love this torch and recommend it highly.

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
It just depends on the variables ...

Did you get a good driver , a good emitter , was it put together well ...
Is the bezel blocking output , what battery are you using ?

How many drop ins do you own ? , one may be lack luster , while another is great ..

I own several Solarforce drop ins , in R2 . Some are ordinary , while the odd one is outstanding .. Do I have about 8 of them ?? Hmmmm :thinking:
And one is better than the other ... No two are the same ..

The best one , is one of the new 3 mode low voltage drop ins , I own 3 of them . One is ordinary , nothing special , maybe 220 OTF , the other is the same but the hotspot is seriously hot at 8500Lux @ 1 Meter .

The good one , is 8000Lux @ 1 Meter but the output , well , its up there .
Buy enough of them , and you may get one that's a scorcher .
And maybe not .

It's just so dependent on the human factor ,
1/ How well was the emitter attached to the star
2/ How good is the driver
3/ Battery Choice
4/ Pill assembly
5/ Parts quality

Its like buying a car , was it made on Monday , Tue , etc ...
I remember people demanding to know what day the car was built when buying a new car ....

They just did not want to know about cars built on Monday or Friday ...
When you see 300Lumen advertised , the emitter may be capable of doing that , but then factor in the variables . And those figure's may drop very quickly ... If your lucky , you'l get one that has minimal errors built in ...
:kiss: