HDS EDC Ultimate 60 XR or SF U2 Ultra???

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
ok guys... FINAL update -

here's what i did:

i ordered the HDS EDC U 60 XR from opticshq (mike was really helpful!!),
and got the Surefire G2 with the P61 lamp, and some batteries.

i thought about it and thought about it, and actually lost some sleep last night, and woke up this morning, and realized that if i go camping, i love my Petzl Tikka headlamp, and while hiking & in the tent, nothing beats it!

So, then i realized that I want something that can really crank out the light, and doens't have to be as compact as the HDS is, so I called opticsHQ early this morning, and SWITCHED my order around, and my U2 is on it's way to Chicago!!!!

and now i'm going to wait (very patiently, as i've been told) until the U-85 comes out, and i'll snag that with a 2x123 case, and i'll be set (for a while).

thanks a lot guys - for helping me out, and making me that much closer to being BROKE.

john

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you made a really good choice considering you already have a headlamp. The U2 is the best outdoor light I have and is easier to use with gloves than the smaller HDS. It is also faster to change light levels with the U2.

The 2 things you need to do now is:
1. get 2 18650s and a DSD charger from Lighthound or AW for cheap rechargeable U2 fun.
2. Take a long hard look at the new Fenix L1T as a smaller pocket light (you might want one or two protected 14500 Li-ions for this as well)

If your U2 has a plastic sleeve inside the battery-tube you have to pull it out before using 18650s. There is quite a lot of info on how to do this on these forums.

Sverre

ront

Newly Enlightened
You will not be dissapointed John. Either light was a fine light. The U2 is not as easy to carry, but is an awesome light.

Ron

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Thanks guys! I'll look into getting it outfitted to accept rechargeable batteries - I bought a dozen to get started with, and hopefully my wallet will recover before they run out!!!

And as a postscript, I know that either an HDS 85 in is my future, or the Fenix/McLux lights... I'm hooked, and I don't even have a light yet!

john