Votes: 45 66.2%
  • Yes, but only if the colors match

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • No. Paint it Black!

Votes: 8 11.8%

• Total voters

nbp

Flashaholic
I sorta doubt I'll spring $600 for one of these even though I would love one, but I think NAT bezel could look cool. Although I think I'd probably end up putting a black bezel on it. That would look pretty trick on the olive body.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was about to ask the same thing. If an actual price has been published I don't remember it. It very well could be that much, we were told it would be quite a bit more than standard. But I don't think that's an official number, is it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't recall the number, either. I certainly don't expect HDS to be cheap, especially with a limited run, but I'm hoping the premium won't be quite that high.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
There is just no way no matter how you do the math that putting a different color anodize on an already in production light could cost as much as a special material run with all the R&D that was involved in it. Plus the additional cost of tooling and extra cost of the material it self. It's just not possible. No I don't know all that's involved in getting a different color anodize but it has to be much much cheaper then redesigning and tooling cost for like the brass lights. Sorry to kinda go off as I'm sure there is no way it would be anywhere near that price. I'm sure it will be an increase but a small one. Will just have to wait for updates.

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me too..:)
6l57QsY.jpg

For you cover guys. Do you find the tail cover to be loose? Will it shrink like shrink wrap if I heat it up? Tried double sided tape? Glue?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
It is a little lose and did come off from time to Time. I used some fiberglass double sided tape. Works great. Think it will melt with heat

indigon

Enlightened
For you cover guys. Do you find the tail cover to be loose? Will it shrink like shrink wrap if I heat it up? Tried double sided tape? Glue?

So just to clarify the tail cap is designed for a raised button, and never stays on well without some help. Not for flush tailcaps which is why I put it under the front cap. Looks funny (bulbous bow) but surprisingly comfortable in hand. The caps reduce damage to the light and anything it makes contact with should it become airborne, like in a truck cab, cockpit, wheelhouse etc. Highly recommended.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
There is just no way no matter how you do the math that putting a different color anodize on an already in production light could cost as much as a special material run with all the R&D that was involved in it. Plus the additional cost of tooling and extra cost of the material it self. It's just not possible. No I don't know all that's involved in getting a different color anodize but it has to be much much cheaper then redesigning and tooling cost for like the brass lights. Sorry to kinda go off as I'm sure there is no way it would be anywhere near that price. I'm sure it will be an increase but a small one. Will just have to wait for updates.

When the red metal and Ti runs' prices were set and made known the HA NAT price was speculated to be similar so don't freak out if it's $500+ is all I'm saying. I want one too so I'm hoping that's wrong but it could be, man.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
The real decision for our kind then becomes whether to buy one natural HA HDS, or two black anodized HDSs. Hmmmm....

Side note: We need to establish the correct plural form of HDS. Should it be HDSs? How about something Latin like HDSi? Perhaps something a bit more Germanic like HDSen? It's possible that I struggle with this more than I should.

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Natural HA is cool, but i'm perfectly fine with my black HDS lights. In fact, I really like them black! It's nice to see other options though.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your link is fine by the way unless Hogo ( or Hogo's Evil Twin ? ) objects.

I am quite possibly the number one rule breaker around here so I don't object to much at all... I am well supplied with rum and 9% Voodoo Ranger... I just stay off the forum when indulging!

The real decision for our kind then becomes whether to buy one natural HA HDS, or two black anodized HDSs. Hmmmm....

Side note: We need to establish the correct plural form of HDS. Should it be HDSs? How about something Latin like HDSi? Perhaps something a bit more Germanic like HDSen? It's possible that I struggle with this more than I should.

Well, strictly speaking, HDS is uncountable like snow, wheat, corn, etc. so there can't be a plural unless we add a quantifier like "lights" which is it's own problem because light isn't countable either, but since light is often simply the shortened version of flashlight, which is countable... but then, there are the Northern Lights, which is kind of confusing because now it seems countable... but you really can't count them...
If we go with German, we have to figure out if it is male, female, or neuter... and correctly it would be female as "die taschenlampe", which to me, makes no sense as if you look at a flashlight... well, the Freudian in me is saying this sucker is male... but then we call a light we don't use a "shelf queen" which would certainly make it female unless we use the term like "drag queen" which can be a nasty surprise if one is indulging in too much rum or Voodoo Ranger IPA...

The struggle is real. I feel ya... but not in the way that gets priests in trouble with alter boys or congressmen in trouble with interns but in the sense I know what you are feeling.

Last edited:

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
So HDS is like sheep. It's singular and plural all at the same time. Or like Chinese. No need to say Chineses- we know there's a billion.

Last edited:

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Then again I just realized I indirectly compared HDS to 2 things they aren't really like. HDS is made as much in the USA as possible, and as far as sheep, I think one would be very hard pressed to make the case that HDS is a follower.
HAHA I guess I was only meaning in the singular/plural sense, not any other way.