Votes: 45 66.2%
  • Yes, but only if the colors match

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • No. Paint it Black!

Votes: 8 11.8%

• Total voters

Greta

Flashaholic
No it wouldn't. It would look like crap.

And I don't like two tone cars either. They also look like crap.

Speaking of crap... I HATE the word "dude"... it's like... seriously? You can't call yourself or someone else by their name? It's crap... pure crap. :whistle: ;)

(Get the point? :poke:)

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shorty was two-tone and looked pretty good!
I personally think a matte black bezel on a nice dark green anodizing would look pretty sharp. The only way to get a bezel to match that olive would be back to the Cerakote and quite frankly, I'm scared to even bring that up to Henry. I found the last shop that did them (who now has the contract for Ruger)... and let's just say there was a lot of head banging and not the "Rock of Ages" kind.
p9154916-jpg-original.jpg

Now, I must troll Ampdude! LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
iur.jpg

Ohhhh. A wood paneled HDS... I wonder if it's possible? Nearly 11:30pm... Henry will still be up. I think I'll call.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did someone say TiALN is the black finish? On stainless it is some tough wearing cr*p.. ooops! My apologies... Dude, look again at the laser etched printing contrasting against black finish looks great! Also, the two tone '57 Ford wagon is a beauty to behold.. Just look at those lines!! :goodjob:

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I dont think you can HA a steel bezel to match the alu body, so you're gonna have to get used to the idea of two-tone. Most of the HDS out there are plain steel bezel on a black body (I suspect the black bezels are in the minority) so once again two tone HDS is pretty standard.

The bezel (the entire head) is STEEL? When did this happen and why? Aluminum conducts heat much better and is so much easier to machine.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking of crap... I HATE the word "dude"... it's like... seriously? You can't call yourself or someone else by their name? It's crap... pure crap. :whistle: ;)

(Get the point? :poke:)

Greta, I have no idea what you're are talking about in the least. I'm not calling someone by their name? I'm saying crap or dude? I don't understand, sorry.

If I said the word dude and it offended you, I'm sorry about that.

archimedes

Flashaholic
The bezel (the entire head) is STEEL? When did this happen and why? Aluminum conducts heat much better and is so much easier to machine.

Been a while now ....

'Course I've swapped most of mine for Ti to lock in the heat, but the steel are ok too :naughty:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been a while now ....

'Course I've swapped most of mine for Ti to lock in the heat, but the steel are ok too :naughty:

Steel and Ti locks in the heat much more than aluminum or brass. Call me crazy, but I don't understand the motivation unless I've been recently transferred to an insane asylum .

Why would you want to lock it in, instead of transfer it with aluminum or brass?

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic

How familiar are you with HDS? Nothing I've mentioned is new. Not the entire head, just the bezel is steel. Look at a picture on the HDS site and it will make sense. They have been steel basically forever. And unless you got a tactical or custom with a coated bezel so it was black, they have been semi stonewashed finish bezel on a black aluminum body. So yes, they have essentially always been two toned. If that isn't for you that's fine, but this thread is clearly aimed at HDS enthusiasts who are interested in the possibility of a very special batch of lights. If this doesn't appeal to you, please carry on in a thread that does.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
How familiar are you with HDS? Nothing I've mentioned is new. Not the entire head, just the bezel is steel. Look at a picture on the HDS site and it will make sense. They have been steel basically forever. And unless you got a tactical or custom with a coated bezel so it was black, they have been semi stonewashed finish bezel on a black aluminum body. So yes, they have essentially always been two toned. If that isn't for you that's fine,

I owned one back in 2007 and it didn't have any type of bezel. I know that people INTERCHANGE the term "bezel" on this forum for the part that also might have a reflector. That wasn't my intention in responding to your comment. I understand that it is the part that screws into the head.

but this thread is clearly aimed at HDS enthusiasts who are interested in the possibility of a very special batch of lights. If this doesn't appeal to you, please carry on in a thread that does.

This thread was created from a person that took issue with what I said in another thread. What are you talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:

nbp

Flashaholic
If they do a run of HA-NAT HDS, the bezel will be, by default, a different color than the body, since you can't (correct me if I'm wrong) hard anodize the steel bezel. Thus, the light will be two-toned. You have already stated you hate the look of that. Thus, it would seem to me that you would not be interested in this light and only posting to antagonize those of us who are musing on the possibilities. Don't rain on our parade dude.

nbp

Flashaholic
Ampdude, I have edited your post for language. You have been here long enough to know this forum is family friendly only. Next time I won't be as generous. Thanks.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they do a run of HA-NAT HDS, the bezel will be, by default, a different color than the body, since you can't (correct me if I'm wrong) hard anodize the steel bezel. Thus, the light will be two-toned. You have already stated you hate the look of that. Thus, it would seem to me that you would not be interested in this light and only posting to antagonize those of us who are musing on the possibilities. Don't rain on our parade dude.

Nobody gives a poop if the light is two toned. I'm willing to put up with mismatch. That's not the same thing. Look at the poll and my comments for a simple example. I don't even understand what you are asking me other than that you are accusing me of not wanting this light. What the hell. You can go to hell.

nbp

Flashaholic
I think that maybe we talking about two different things. Are you referring to mismatched anodizing? That is not what I was talking about at any point in this thread. I said I wanted one in HA Nat with the black TiAlN finish on the bezel. That's all man. Then you jumped all over me and said it would look like crap. I have no clue what provoked that attack.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that maybe we talking about two different things. Are you referring to mismatched anodizing? That is not what I was talking about at any point in this thread. I said I wanted one in HA Nat with the black TiAlN finish on the bezel. That's all man. Then you jumped all over me and said it would look like crap. I have no clue what provoked that attack.

No we are not talking about two different things. The weird crap you are bring up, I don't give a poop about. I'm only about type III HA HDS lights. I don't know what you are talking about. I'm trying to stay on point. LET US DO THAT. Isn't that what you are here for? Let us just stay on topic please,

nbp

Flashaholic
Oh my god. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Someone else take over and let me know if this ever becomes a reality. I'm out. Peace my HDS brothers.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh my god. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Someone else take over and let me know if this ever becomes a reality. I'm out. Peace my HDS brothers.

All I'm asking is for the thread to stay on topic. You seem convinced that it will never become a reality. I'm not going to speculate on your motivations.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shorty was two-tone and looked pretty good!
I personally think a matte black bezel on a nice dark green anodizing would look pretty sharp. The only way to get a bezel to match that olive would be back to the Cerakote and quite frankly, I'm scared to even bring that up to Henry. I found the last shop that did them (who now has the contract for Ruger)... and let's just say there was a lot of head banging and not the "Rock of Ages" kind.
p9154916-jpg-original.jpg

Now, I must troll Ampdude! LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
iur.jpg

Ohhhh. A wood paneled HDS... I wonder if it's possible? Nearly 11:30pm... Henry will still be up. I think I'll call.

I viewed lil' NAT HA being executed days ago.. Did I miss something?