HDS Systems EDC # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have a question. A few pages back, the possibility of a Ti version of the new Tactical light was mentioned. Now, I have always hoped for a Ti Rotary at some point. However, the new Tactical interface does not appear to be something I would use.

So, are the insides of both a Rotary and a Tactical similar enough, that, if/when a Ti Tactical is made, a standard Rotary one could easily be made as well?

The Tactical and Rotary are identical except for the programing. The Executives (Clicky's) utilize the same heads and electronics however the switches are obviously quite different.
There is a good chance of a Titanium coming out this year in both Rotary and Clicky. It may take 6 months or more, but it is being planned.

Z-Tab

Enlightened
Great news! I will prepare my Paypal account for a Ti Rotary. Six months should be plenty of time to get the $$$.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take some pictures comparing an older model Rotary and the new cw Rotary 250 later today.
I think the emitter used is an xpg2 and the tint of the cool white is less blueish than on the older model.
That would be great! I kind of liked the XP-G2 on my Quark and was wondering if the new HDS would be the same. Of course I do understand that tint could vary depending on the binning as well.

Snareman

Enlightened
I was at Henry's yesterday picking up a new model to test and I totally spaced it. I know "bad CPFer! Bad! Bad!"
I will try to remember when I'm there on Tuesday.

OK. Great. Thanks. The rotary pocket clip is kind of like big foot and the Lochness monster. We have heard its out there but it seems to be very elusive in finding. ;-)

Last edited:

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo, when you refer to Executive clikcy are you referring to flush button as opposed to raised button ?

Last edited:

Houdiny

Newly Enlightened
As promised, here are some pictures showing the differences between the old and the new Rotary. I really like the new tint!
Additionally, there's a picture of a Nichia 219A (not B) and a picture of a high CRI XPG emitter, all photos were made under the same circumstances.
As always, it's kinda hard to get the photos close to the subjective tint, and it's a matter of different monitor calibrations. To me and on my screen, my pictures are close to real life, although the Nichia is whiter and there's no hint of green visible in the new Rotary's tint.
jy3n.jpg
suou.jpg

ompm.jpg
d5wv.jpg

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow thank you for the beam shots! The cool white does indeed look better now on the new light. Might not be so afraid to get the cool white now if I were to ever get another rotary. Thanks once again for taking the time and effort to do this.

Houdiny

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, the xpg2 is pretty nice. I haven't seen an xpg2 equipped light with a bad tint so far.
However, I always liked the tint of my old Rotary as well whereas I kinda dislike the hcri XPG. Too much of that brownish color...

broonzbane

Newly Enlightened
The Tactical and Rotary are identical except for the programing. The Executives (Clicky's) utilize the same heads and electronics however the switches are obviously quite different.
There is a good chance of a Titanium coming out this year in both Rotary and Clicky. It may take 6 months or more, but it is being planned.

So what are the odds of Henry releasing Cerakoted versions of the new lights this year? If he plans on it, do you know what colors?

Thanks, Hogo!

broonzbane

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK. Great. Thanks. The rotary pocket clip is kind of like big foot and the Lochness monster. We have heard its out there but it seems to be very elusive in finding. ;-)

But Big Foot does exist. I've seen him! Didn't get a photo though. I've seen aliens as well... they are hiking through the southern border.
I will get a photo... of the clip that is.

Hogo, when you refer to Executive clikcy are you referring to flush button as opposed to raised button ?

The Executive series are also known as the "Clicky's". It does not matter if the tail has an extended button or flush.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
So what are the odds of Henry releasing Cerakoted versions of the new lights this year? If he plans on it, do you know what colors?

Thanks, Hogo!

broonzbane

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

More than likely, they will be offered (I need one too!). If offered, I'm sure they will be the same colors as before. I don't have any idea when this may happen though. A lot will depend upon the reliability of the current shop producing the heads, battery tubes, and tails.

broonzbane

Newly Enlightened
More than likely, they will be offered (I need one too!). If offered, I'm sure they will be the same colors as before. I don't have any idea when this may happen though. A lot will depend upon the reliability of the current shop producing the heads, battery tubes, and tails.

Thanks for giving me hope, Hogo!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.