HDS Systems EDC # 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckhov

Enlightened
Sorry to have to ask you guys, but I am a Newbie to all things HDS.

The title of this thread is, HDS Systems EDC #18.

I did a Google search specific to CPF, and cannot get below #14. - Can anyone please direct me to the "Start"?

Many thanks in advance!
-Chuck

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
So can you ask your friend what he has in mind for the 2aa tubed light?
I am seriously considering one but am also intrigued by his/your adaptation of your holster to it.
Have either of you made one yet?

A standard will work with the AA tube, but IMHO, makes the light stick up too much above the belt. Making the holster longer so that it hangs down further helps, and can in fact be made so even with a 2AA the top can be at the belt line. Issue comes up though when trying to sit with it hanging so low. Horizontal with a flap can work as well.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
In right pocket held by clip below my cell phone holster. I would never wear a flashlight holster unless camping....which I will never do. I like room service and little $10 bottles of booze. They don't have that in the woods.
Funny you would say this.
There are a few campgrounds that I have been to that do offer "Room Service" really!
You order at the desk or call in and a little golf cart brings your order right to your site.
This seems crazy to me but I did try it once too just so I could say I had.
Pizza and Fried Shrimp too!

I think this is called "Glamping" though for obvious reasons?

So get your holster ready!

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
A standard will work with the AA tube, but IMHO, makes the light stick up too much above the belt. Making the holster longer so that it hangs down further helps, and can in fact be made so even with a 2AA the top can be at the belt line. Issue comes up though when trying to sit with it hanging so low. Horizontal with a flap can work as well.

Thanks for the Reply Hogo.
Kind of what I thought but I just can not picture carrying either way without the light jabbing me in the leg or the side?
I want to jump on the 2aa tube but am not sure I can make it work too.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Funny you would say this.
There are a few campgrounds that I have been to that do offer "Room Service" really!
You order at the desk or call in and a little golf cart brings your order right to your site.
This seems crazy to me but I did try it once too just so I could say I had.
Pizza and Fried Shrimp too!

I think this is called "Glamping" though for obvious reasons?

So get your holster ready!

Still bugs? Rain? Dirt? Mud? No cable tv? Critters? More bugs? Bugs that bite? I'll pass. I actually like tourist traps with lots of restaurants and bars and hotels etc.

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still bugs? Rain? Dirt? Mud? No cable tv? Critters? More bugs? Bugs that bite? I'll pass. I actually like tourist traps with lots of restaurants and bars and hotels etc.
Sorry about that,of course these places do have cable too!
Many have WiFi and what they think is high speed Internet as well.
Why would you think they are uncivilized?

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only thing is Henry is redesigning the rotary switch to beef it up a bit because it did fail once or twice. Other than that, as what was previously mentioned, the rotary will still work like a clicky should anything happen to the rotary switch.
And it should be mentioned that the failure happened when the Rotary hit the pavement at 60mph after falling from a motorcycle, so a pretty extreme situation

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
And it should be mentioned that the failure happened when the Rotary hit the pavement at 60mph after falling from a motorcycle, so a pretty extreme situation

Yes, and it still worked as a Clicky, so not a complete failure.
Should be noted as well that HDS lights are not dive lights. Both Rotary and Clicky were tested to 2 atmospheres (66 feet). The issue is that the water pressure activates the button, not that water gets into the light.
The supposition that the Clicky is more robust than the Rotary is really just that... a supposition. Yes, you can get grit under the Rotary mechanism that will make it not turn as smoothly, but as far as damaging the lights to the point of failure... both are equal. It's a hard concept for folks to understand but none the less true. When a Rotary mechanism fails, the light then just becomes a Clicky.
It's a bit like that little hole in the Rotary tail that is now plugged. That hole made no difference for the water proofness of the light. It didn't matter if water got into that hole, as the inside of the mechanism is sealed. The plug was only put there for aesthetics... simply to make folks feel better about the light. Doesn't do anything else but help the supposition that it makes it more water proof. A bit light painting lightening bolts on your car... doesn't make it go any faster...

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Sorry to have to ask you guys, but I am a Newbie to all things HDS.

The title of this thread is, HDS Systems EDC #18.

I did a Google search specific to CPF, and cannot get below #14. - Can anyone please direct me to the "Start"?

Many thanks in advance!
-Chuck

Probably lost in The Great Crash ... :sigh:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should be noted as well that HDS lights are not dive lights. Both Rotary and Clicky were tested to 2 atmospheres (66 feet). The issue is that the water pressure activates the button, not that water gets into the light.
The supposition that the Clicky is more robust than the Rotary is really just that... a supposition. Yes, you can get grit under the Rotary mechanism that will make it not turn as smoothly, but as far as damaging the lights to the point of failure... both are equal. It's a hard concept for folks to understand but none the less true. When a Rotary mechanism fails, the light then just becomes a Clicky.
It's a bit like that little hole in the Rotary tail that is now plugged. That hole made no difference for the water proofness of the light. It didn't matter if water got into that hole, as the inside of the mechanism is sealed. The plug was only put there for aesthetics... simply to make folks feel better about the light. Doesn't do anything else but help the supposition that it makes it more water proof. A bit light painting lightening bolts on your car... doesn't make it go any faster...

That must get frustrating from a design point of view. Trying to accommodate the perception of a specific models durability. I went with Clicky for max bulletproofyness, but in reality... we should all be very aware by now that all Henrys lights are HDS lights....Nuff Said.

In my mind theres lots of trucks on the market but only 2 Tanks. HDS & Malkoff. If your worried about "breaking" one, it may be time for an evaluation and possibly some cognitive behavioral therapy.....Your flashaholism has done slid your cheese off your cracker. :tinfoil:

ironhorse

Enlightened

But the flames do make it go faster. Right? Don't tell me I wasted my money.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
The flames make you feel cool, and cool people press the pedal harder, so flame decals really do make your car go faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts