HDS Systems EDC # 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Year of the dog? Sorry but, I don't know what that means?

Awesome video lol. Especially impressive as HDS doesn't even list a maximum dog slobber resistance rating☺️.

Last year was year of the... I so wanted to write something other than rooster (darn you nbp for making us keep this clean! LOL!) and next year is year of the boar, and this year is...

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last year was year of the... I so wanted to write something other than rooster (darn you nbp for making us keep this clean! LOL!) and next year is year of the boar, and this year is...
Ok so, if I'm interpreting this right, and we are talking about the Chinese Calendar, the year of the dog is 2018 so, it is happening some time this year I hope? Sweet!

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the update on production for HDS....

Thank you very much for this; I'll stop checking my email for shipping updates :grin2:

As a first time HDS buyer waiting for what I believe to be my grail light, I truly appreciate having an accurate estimate for time and the detailed insight into why.

I received an email from Henry back when I ordered the light in December - I was very impressed with his response then, too.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of pups are those?

Devil Dogs. Marines through and through. Daddy is a white mini poodle, and mama is a black terrier. They are the war department's dogs (girlfriend). The brown one claimed me before I realized I was in trouble. Geronimo Airborne Fallonfloor is her name. One of the War Departments kids didn't like mama giving birth on his bed, so he picked mama up to move her to a more suitable birthing place and ol' Airborne jumped out of mama without a chute and landed on the floor... hence her name. She will be helping me in the leather shop as I really need someone to help chew leather scraps. My jaws are getting tired. Bringing her home next week.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you very much for this; I'll stop checking my email for shipping updates :grin2:

As a first time HDS buyer waiting for what I believe to be my grail light, I truly appreciate having an accurate estimate for time and the detailed insight into why.

I received an email from Henry back when I ordered the light in December - I was very impressed with his response then, too.

I think it is important to keep folks in the loop. Transparency is also important. I've been in the same position of waiting, and it's a lot easier if one knows why, and what is going on. Now I know all the details and I think people appreciate knowing as well.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, no R9080's in 219C flavor yet. But, in time maybe. Hey, maybe even 319 R9080's eventually☺️.

I'd love some R9080 219c's so hopefully that can happen eventually, and I'm sure I'd find a use for high-cri 319a's too, but it wouldn't be in HDS lights. I put a 319a in one of mine -- egg yolk for days. That thing was ugly behind an HDS reflector. So out it came. If any of you were considering that, just..don't. Sorry.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, THEY'RE BAAA-AAACK!

I spent my Super Sunday pre-game fixing all of the Longman and Shorty stories (Flash-Toons as Hogo likes to call them)

Disclaimers:

-I have no clue why Chrome likes to warn you that the original story thread is a "dangerous site". It's not. Firefox and Internet Explorer are fine with it.

-There are 12 pics in the original story and 6 in the T.I.T. H.E.A.D. story that don't show up in Chrome for me, just blank. Again, they come up fine in Firefox and IE.

Enjoy these classic tales of light, and encourage Hogo to pick up the third story where it left off. (when things at HDS are under control, of course!)

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Longman-by-HOGOKANSATSUKAN&highlight=longman

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ing-Everyone-Around-Danger!&highlight=longman

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Flashlights-Tale-Well-Story&highlight=longman

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, THEY'RE BAAA-AAACK!

I spent my Super Sunday pre-game fixing all of the Longman and Shorty stories (Flash-Toons as Hogo likes to call them)

Disclaimers:

-I have no clue why Chrome likes to warn you that the original story thread is a "dangerous site". It's not. Firefox and Internet Explorer are fine with it.

-There are 12 pics in the original story and 6 in the T.I.T. H.E.A.D. story that don't show up in Chrome for me, just blank. Again, they come up fine in Firefox and IE.

Enjoy these classic tales of light, and encourage Hogo to pick up the third story where it left off. (when things at HDS are under control, of course!)

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Longman-by-HOGOKANSATSUKAN&highlight=longman

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ing-Everyone-Around-Danger!&highlight=longman

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Flashlights-Tale-Well-Story&highlight=longman

Thank you Hondo! I was pretty disappointed when they were held for ransom, and when I say disappointed, I really mean a bunch of stuff with 4 letter words in front.

Again, thank you for leading the hostage rescue team!

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love some R9080 219c's so hopefully that can happen eventually, and I'm sure I'd find a use for high-cri 319a's too, but it wouldn't be in HDS lights. I put a 319a in one of mine -- egg yolk for days. That thing was ugly behind an HDS reflector. So out it came. If any of you were considering that, just..don't. Sorry.

Lol that quote is from me, not INFRNL. I wonder what happened there.

Me too, maybe we will see them one day.

Good to know about the 319's, thanks👍.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for mending those, Hondo. They're great, should be made into Stickies as they're part of the CPF Heritage. I hadn't seen two of the threads, so I have hours of fun ahead.
Thanks to Hogo too.
You two have sinilar names, are you related?
P

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Man, I hope this works...it took me hours...I'm not the smartest picture taker, resizer, posterer around...:confused:
The following pictures were taken with a Fuji X100F at F16, SS 15, ISO 1600, Manual white balance (daylight).
Each HDS was on power level 18 (I think).

I'm sure this has been done (perhaps to death?) but i hope it might be interesting...comparative shots of four Nichia-powered HDS lights illuminating a scene...
I diffused all with DC-fix over the lens since I was more interested in color rendition and tint rather than strict beam shots.
All this of course depends on your viewing device and it's abilities, color blindness/sensitivity, viewing angle, tint lottery, whatever...etc...
Enough disclaimers...here it is...

1. Stock High CRI 200 219B 4K
LVFLmEy.jpg

2. Custom 219B 45K (9080)
1IeTJWz.jpg

3. 3 O'Clock High 219C 5000k
BIyEaKe.jpg

4. High Noon 219C 57K
YUkNbcm.jpg

moltenmag

Enlightened
Yeah nice job. You can see just how the whites pop on the 219C 57K. Glad I picked one up!

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah nice job. You can see just how the whites pop on the 219C 57K. Glad I picked one up!

The whites are popping on the high noon due to the camera white balance setting.
Side by side the high noon is really blue by comparison in real life and the sw45k renders all colours including white far better.

The photos are nice enough but demonstrate why it's difficult to portray actual tint and CRI across a sample.

Judging by these photos I'd say the high noon looks the best and the sw45k while looking pretty good doesn't look too great. But what I do know is in real life the sw45k looks far better than all the LEDs compared in the pictures making them all look flat and washed out.
The sw45k simply renders all colours on another level.

What are your thoughts Johnnyh?

Johnnyh

Enlightened
The whites are popping on the high noon due to the camera white balance setting.
Side by side the high noon is really blue by comparison in real life and the sw45k renders all colours including white far better.

The photos are nice enough but demonstrate why it's difficult to portray actual tint and CRI across a sample.

Judging by these photos I'd say the high noon looks the best and the sw45k while looking pretty good doesn't look too great. But what I do know is in real life the sw45k looks far better than all the LEDs compared in the pictures making them all look flat and washed out.
The sw45k simply renders all colours on another level.

What are your thoughts Johnnyh?

Well, there's no doubt that these samples can't do justice to any of these lights, especially the sw45k.

Status
Not open for further replies.