HDS Systems EDC # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK. So, from Henry's "no" last night on the phone regarding aluminum bronze, I was able to get him to look at it and it's properties, and then we discussed it with the machinist on a conference call. So, it has proceeded further than I expected it would. Will not know the outcome for a bit. The machinist got the order for titanium, so that helped. Pushed him more to lower the quote on navel brass as well.

Ramping Executive. I came up with a UI, and while reading it to Henry, he jumped in and tweaked a few things. He thought about it more, and I am 99% sure that what we came up with will be implemented when the CPU changes to a more powerful one in the HDS line. It wouldn't change anything from the current UI, just added to it, so nothing lost and ramping gained.

It's a pretty slick UI where you can customize the speed in which it ramps. If you want it to ramp slow, it will ramp slow. If you want it to ramp fast... you get the idea. Various levels of ramping speed. We figured it needed this because some people like me are impatient, while others might want to more slowly dial in the light level. Should also be able to have it turn on at a preset level if you want. It is also a very simple UI.

So, that was my day.

Oh, and another thing we sorted out today. The order in which the titanium lights came in, is going to also be the serial number you receive. If you were the first according to PayPal, then you get serial number 1. Second person according to PayPal get's serial number 2. First person to ask what number they are get's their order lost. You will have to wait and compare after they ship.

The bezels will be engraved ti 1, ti 2, ti 3, etc. with the HDS logo. At least this is the plan right now. As you might guess, things can be fluid at HDS. It took some convincing to get Henry to extend the pre-sale to the 1st, but he was still in shock at the turn out which really helped. I just wanted to try and make sure those who wanted in but found the rather fast time frame... well, to give them an opportunity.

Last edited:

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice info Dan. Skip #13! Just put Ti HDS....just a suggestion. Some of us are.....well, you know. :D

And on another note: Only thing better than the new 3000K is a 3000K with the diffusor reflector! :D Just put mine in tonight.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice info Dan. Skip #13! Just put Ti HDS....just a suggestion. Some of us are.....well, you know. :D

And on another note: Only thing better than the new 3000K is a 3000K with the diffusor reflector! :D Just put mine in tonight.

Actually, number 13 was specially requested before, and as that person was #10 on the list of orders, Henry and I felt this was a great solution. It is the ONLY serial number request that will happen. We also figured that since they would have gotten #10, the other folks wouldn't mind being "bumped up".

How about an F89HG in a diffuse reflector?

img-1054.jpg

Johnnyh

Enlightened
It's a pretty slick UI where you can customize the speed in which it ramps. If you want it to ramp slow, it will ramp slow. If you want it to ramp fast... you get the idea. Various levels of ramping speed. We figured it needed this because some people like me are impatient, while others might want to more slowly dial in the light level. Should also be able to have it turn on at a preset level if you want. It is also a very simple UI.

Adjustable ramping speed...now THAT'S a very great idea. Has anything like this been done in other lights? I know someone is bound to say "yes...the Rotary...twist it real fast or twist it real slow..."

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Adjustable ramping speed...now THAT'S a very great idea. Has anything like this been done in other lights? I know someone is bound to say "yes...the Rotary...twist it real fast or twist it real slow..."

Keeping in HDS form, we felt that this was really necessary. Henry doesn't like the idea of ramping. He tried it before and just doesn't like it. One of the reasons was ramping speed... so why not make it adjustable? Seems to make sense to me.

It was kind of funny because Henry was asking "where would ramping go in the current light, thinking about how the UI and presets work?" I said "Preset E". This stopped and made him think. I knew I had him at preset E. Preset E would have to be toggled on and off from the options menu, once toggled on, you couldn't get to preset A, B, C, or D, but in order to toggle it off, it's just a triple click press from on, and it would be the first option in the options menu, so then just a press to toggle on and off. Quick to access. The double click press when on that normally gets you into brightness levels, in the ramping mode, would be ramping speed adjustment. Click to make if faster, double click to reverse direction and make it slower.

I'm pretty excited about this. Adds a whole new dimension to the Executive, and as always, would also be on the Rotary as well.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoever requested #13 should seriously consider that White Cobra holster...

It's a forum member here and Facebook group member. If he wants to out himself, then that is up to him. He already has some pretty nice holsters, if I may say so myself!

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
3000k with the elusive white reflector???

That's the one! I'll have it at CPF Camping trip for you to check out!

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

Actually, number 13 was specially requested before, and as that person was #10 on the list of orders, Henry and I felt this was a great solution. It is the ONLY serial number request that will happen. We also figured that since they would have gotten #10, the other folks wouldn't mind being "bumped up".

How about an F89HG in a diffuse reflector?

img-1054.jpg

Not too shabby Dan.:D Damn, hoping I was #13 so I could move to #10 .:devil:

Last edited:

redryder

Enlightened
I'm surprised there is such superstition regarding #13. For goodness sake, it's a HDS Ti Rotary, can any number be bad? On a more serious note, are you also taking out #4 and #44? :)

toads

Newly Enlightened
I ended up ordering a couple Efest IMR 16340 V2 700mAh unprotected batteries. Hoping they'll be a better fit.

redryder

Enlightened
Sorry, my comment was suppose to be rhetorical/sarcastic.

QUOTE=Hogokansatsukan;5223271]All serial numbers go in order. Not skipping any.[/QUOTE]

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, my comment was suppose to be rhetorical/sarcastic.

QUOTE=Hogokansatsukan;5223271]All serial numbers go in order. Not skipping any.
[/QUOTE]

Ah. 4 in Japanese "Shi" is rather unlucky. It has the same pronunciation as the word for "death". Likewise, 9 "kyu" in Japanese is also unlucky as it means "pain" or "suffering". 42 though is the meaning of life, the universe and everything!

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
OK. So, from Henry's "no" last night on the phone regarding aluminum bronze, I was able to get him to look at it and it's properties, and then we discussed it with the machinist on a conference call. So, it has proceeded further than I expected it would. Will not know the outcome for a bit.

It took some convincing to get Henry to extend the pre-sale to the 1st, but he was still in shock at the turn out which really helped. I just wanted to try and make sure those who wanted in but found the rather fast time frame... well, to give them an opportunity.
Well, if anyone can get Henry to do the bronze run it would be you. Really cool that you were able to get him to extend the sale date for those trying to scramble and get funds together, or just finding out about it.

So, while you're talking to Henry about UI features, he said last year that the candle mode would be getting adjustable brightness that holds rather than ramping back to its preset brightness when (if) the titanium light came out. Of course he was also talking much higher price and much lower number of units. Do you know if this will be forthcoming for the newest UI and those of us who got in on the Ti run?

Status
Not open for further replies.