HDS Systems EDC #21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish there weren't such a steep price penalty for buying spare parts. I paid the premium for a spare 123 tube because I wanted the extra security of having a back up. At $200 a piece, it doesn't make sense to buy a 2aa or 18650 tube, no matter how appealing the versatility may be.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya I don't get the prices of them tubes at all. You can get a whole light for 260 but an additional 18650 tube is 175.thats just 81 bucks short of a whole light? There great no doubts but ouch!

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish there weren't such a steep price penalty for buying spare parts. I paid the premium for a spare 123 tube because I wanted the extra security of having a back up. At $200 a piece, it doesn't make sense to buy a 2aa or 18650 tube, no matter how appealing the versatility may be.
Well if you want an extra body just get a head to go with it. There's always another limited LED you don't have yet.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder, in the time since your original post, which battery tube do you use most often?
I have a large number of Rotaries, all with CR123 tube. I bought only one additional tube 18650 and 2xAA tube. The 18650 tube is really cool, because the light will run very long. With a 18650 tube the light is also not too long.
The 2xAA tube is only for "emergency use", like all of my 2xAA lights. (The 2xAA lights are only two Surefire E2L-AA and the HDS with 2xAA tube). I have a large number of AA Eneloop cells and in case there is a need for emergency light I use my 2xAA lights.

I would say it in this way. I'd buy an additional 18650 tube, but no 2xAA tube. The 18650 tube is used often, the 2xAA tube only sometimes.

elzilcho

Enlightened
You're thinking about something different but HDS is aware. I noticed it before but never was able to get it on camera

Henry now has the fix for the rotary flash. Hogo posted about it a while ago (probably far enough back to be in the previous EDC thread).

JKolmo

Enlightened
Does anyone recall talk about some of the tails having an unexpected "flash" when cycling through some of the rotary functions?

One of my recent of the latest iteration rotary tails had it. Random flashes when turning the rotary, kind of like the tiny fingers inside tapping around randomly creating weird flashes. Got it fixed under warranty. Now in perfect order.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forgot, where are we at on timeline for the brass, bronze ordering?

I'd like to place my order now while everyone is still saving:naughty::p

calypso699

Newly Enlightened
I forgot, where are we at on timeline for the brass, bronze ordering?

I'd like to place my order now while everyone is still saving:naughty::p

the earliest was September last I remember. Early September is a bad time with The Gathering at that time. Hopefully everyone is broke 😈!

Lithium466

Enlightened
Would you prefer it over the current HCRI emitters?

I don't, although it's surprisingly throwy (the Seoul P4 has the same die as the Cree XR-E) for the relatively low power (100 lumens only for 10s, with these old lights you can't disable burst). Tint is good too, efficiency at low levels is better than current lights...but I preferred the 120 high CRI (and don't have the 100 anymore so can't compare). Maybe if I had them both side by side today it would be a different story ?

doctordun

Enlightened
Well, I've made my first payment on my future TI HDS. It was nice to get the promotion with no interest with my new CC.
Now I must prepare for the Bronze or Brass I hope to get.
I wonder how many on this board got multiple TI's.
Without the fortuitous timing of my CC promotion, I may not have pulled the trigger.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
When are our lights getting shipped out? Monday is it?

HDS only ships on Mondays, although I'm aware of some Tuesday shipping during busy spells. The earliest possible shipping date for aluminium lights ordered on July 6th is Monday 8/13/2018. However, this assumes that the lights are ready to ship, but Hogo has only just returned from vacation. While I'd be pleasantly surprised by a shipping notification on 8/13, my thinking is that Hogo will need the next week to build and calibrate our lights. The most likely shipping date is, then, Monday 8/20.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess these will be considered a late birthday present to myself then

I am very eager to see how my eyes react to the F89 r9080 4500k. I honestly don't even remember exactly what i ordered

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
A bunch should be going out on Monday, and if I don't get them all out, then Tuesday will be a ship day as well. Will be trying to get them all out at the start of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts