HDS Systems EDC Holsters # 1

CLBME

Enlightened
Thank you Dan. A great help.

I really like it. I prefer a fixed blade for EDC and tried the CRK Nayla, but the handle was just too long and I don't like the jumping on it. Have tried others as well, but the G3 is just right in size for me for a fixed blade EDC. Depends what I'm wearing and where I am going but also like the CRK Inkosi for a folder.
That being said, I have little tiny but fat hands. If you have large hands, it might be a tad small.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
New Show off Thors Hammer holster:

Really like the smaller footprint compared to my daily carry holster and how much of the light is revealed when the HDS Titanium light is holstered.

show-off-z2.jpg

show-off-z3.jpg

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my new downward draw battery pouch from Thors Hammer Custom Leather - just in time too. These are great for carrying spare batteries and the downward draw allows me to draw the batteries downward from under a Fall and Winter coat without having to unzip the Jacket. The new downward draw is pictured along side my upward draw battery pouch that I have been using during the Spring and Summer months. Both have a one way military snap closure and will nicely fit the plastic battery packs of either 18650's or 16340's - HDS INR batteries pictured.

battery-case-2.jpg

The battery pouches above developed by Daniel, at Thors Hammer Custom Leather, keep me safe even when stored in my Go Bags.

Today, there are a few pictures by Mike Watson on Flashlight Fanatics about a person whose leg was burned. It was his cousin who was carrying an 18650 battery loose in his pocket with change and keys. The battery shorted and vented. The skin damage is significant, but he is fine and does not need skin grafts.

Last edited:

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found the video below on battery safety. Pretty sure anyone in this HDS forum has a good handle on battery management. The video was interesting. The custom made battery pouches I had Daniel from Thors Hammer make for me, as shown in post #545 above, are what ensures the plastic battery cases do not accidentally open in my go bag or when traveling with extra batteries.

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
That video is amusing. "Consumers should never handle a bare cell." They might as well tell me not to handle my laptop. Or ice cubes. Shoe strings. These are all commonly used items. But I agree that your holster is a safe means of transport.

Last edited:

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think in this context "bare cell" means "without insulating wrapper." AKA "bare naked." Like the most recent HDS special metal offering. :shrug:

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really like the smaller footprint compared to my daily carry holster...

Would you say that this holster "prints" less under a shirt? Some of us sloppy folks don't like to tuck in our shirt tails.

I think in this context "bare cell" means "without insulating wrapper."

I hope you're right. Since new cells come, at least presumably, with an in tact wrapper, I understood this as a message not to buy this type of battery. Doesn't matter that much. RCS's larger point about carrying batteries safely in his holster still stands.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would you say that this holster "prints" less under a shirt? Some of us sloppy folks don't like to tuck in our shirt tails.

Yes, it prints a little less - see post #542. You mostly lose the flap and big bottom. I got it mostly to show off my light and have been carrying it daily. It is pretty neat to lose all that leather covering of a traditional holster. I liked it so much I also have one coming in black Sting Ray to really make the Titanium HDS Executive POP.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I appreciate the design because of the thoughtful balance between accessibility and retention. I can't bear the thought of losing an HDS, so my holsters make retention the priority. Truthfully it can be a pain to draw the light sometimes depending on whether I'm standing or sitting, or what type of clothing I'm wearing.

Commodorefirst

Newly Enlightened
RCS regarding the minimalistic bikini,

I thought about this for my titanium, but I just prefer my lights in front left pocket. So much so that I took my custom grey "carbon fiber look" tight basket weave horizontal belt loop and changed it to a pocket slip. Dan was kind enough to change it over. I can carry my titanium much more frequently now.
p3826521511-6.jpg

Last edited:

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice pocket holster solution. My pocket holster solution is in post #41 and in the upper right hand corner in the photo below.

(I have quite a few of Daniels creations. Two of the horizontals in the photo below were sold and replaced with several new ones).

Still may purchase a HDS Titanium Rotary in the future...you know, to go with my holsters....

p1110902.jpg

Last edited:

Commodorefirst

Newly Enlightened
Nice pocket holster solution. My pocket holster solution is in post #41 and in the upper right hand corner in the photo below.

(I have quite a few of Daniels creations. Two of the horizontals in the photo below were sold and replaced with several new ones).

Still may purchase a HDS Titanium Rotary in the future...you know, to go with my holsters....

p1110902.jpg

I have at current count, 8 of his creations. Two pouches, now 4 different slips, two hat holsters/belt clip creations. The guy does good work and listens to his customers.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always say I have the best customers.
I've been running behind though for a few weeks now, but I should be caught up this week. I hate running behind.

Not for lights, but here is a creation I particularly like that I recently finished:
Bark River Shinigami in shark skin, stingray, and steer.
img-5865.jpg

img-5857.jpg

img-5860.jpg

img-5859.jpg

I went all Japaneasy... but it wasn't easy.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two High Noons at High Noon in Show Off holsters by Daniel at Thors Custom Leather Holsters. One is the upgraded by HDS Titanium Executive in a Sting Ray Show Off holster and the other is a HDS Rotary in a leather Show Off holster.

These holsters are great because they are low profile and secure.

image-a1.jpg

image-b1.jpg

image-c.jpg

image-d.jpg

image-e.jpg

Last edited: