HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
@snake
I LOVE that M6 man. That's what I m wanting for mine.

@RCS
I have the 3 slot with red and want to change the trits to yellow or green.

My UV has 6 purple trits and it's perfect but for me the green x 6 was too much so I d personally install 3 and cover 3 slots ... much easier to do it that way than to install 6 and decide it's too much. A different color with not so much illumination would be ok.

Sos24

Enlightened
How do you like the tritium vials in the bezel? Was thinking about doing this but am concerned that it may be too bright in the pitch black.

I really like it, especially for locating the light in the dark. I don't really notice them when I'm using the light at night.

One key is color choice, because not all colors are the same brightness. I used the ice blue which is about mid brightness. If you didn't want it to be as bright, you could choose a lower brightness like purple or alternate brighter with dimmer. My preference is ice blue or purple.

f0c34afb26b1f0866ae174fe4e751429.jpg

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you like the tritium vials in the bezel? Was thinking about doing this but am concerned that it may be too bright in the pitch black.

Trits are fun, they do distract (or entertain) me when I use 10 lumens or less.

I sometimes cover trits with my hand, or thumb, depending where they are located on the light.

this is 0.01 lumens, Green Trits are clearly visible (to the point of being distracting) at that level.
zuC8Hikl.jpg

The trits are on the tail of this particular light, and I sometimes cover them with my thumb to hide them from my line of sight

I could cover trits around a bezel, by holding the bezel in my fist.

I can still see the Green Trits, in a dark room, when I use 10 lumens out the front, but they are less distracting than at sublumen levels.

I find Green trits very bright on the nighstand in full dark, imo other colors are worth considering. I like Aqua better than green, they are 60% as bright as Green, and Aqua trits are still easily visible enough to locate my light on the nightstand in full darkness (with the light off)

I have not tried Red Trits yet, they are just 20% as bright as Green and I would like to try them.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not tried Red Trits yet, they are just 20% as bright as Green and I would like to try them.

Thank you for the photo. I operate in pitch black conditions often and I cannot see my hand in front of my face. Found that I had to use the smallest available single green tritium vial from Mixglo or it would be too bright on the night stand. I may try ordering a few different color tritium vials in plastic at $8 each to get a better sense of how the colors work in my environment first. Pulling the trigger on a HDS bezel ($70) and six tritium vials ($36) plus the installation with my HDS UV light would be the second step if I can find a color that works times six (6).

I may just go with six ice blue tritium vials or purple tritium vials as the lanyards are driving me crazy cause the double constrictor knots on the single strand lanyards loosen at the most inconvenient times. Now, which HDS light/led to choose...

The best solution for me would be to find lanyard rings for my HDS Executives but they cannot be found. Traded emails with Jason at Darksucks and he can make them if I want to order the minimum quantity of 1,000. I only need six (6) HDS lanyard rings.

p1120114.jpg

Last edited:

LuxTacGear

Newly Enlightened
Trits are fun, they do distract (or entertain) me when I use 10 lumens or less.

I sometimes cover trits with my hand, or thumb, depending where they are located on the light.

this is 0.01 lumens, Green Trits are clearly visible (to the point of being distracting) at that level.
zuC8Hikl.jpg

The trits are on the tail of this particular light, and I sometimes cover them with my thumb to hide them from my line of sight

I could cover trits around a bezel, by holding the bezel in my fist.

I can still see the Green Trits, in a dark room, when I use 10 lumens out the front, but they are less distracting than at sublumen levels.

I find Green trits very bright on the nighstand in full dark, imo other colors are worth considering. I like Aqua better than green, they are 60% as bright as Green, and Aqua trits are still easily visible enough to locate my light on the nightstand in full darkness (with the light off)

Green trits are really bright with dark adapted eyes, but red trits are really nice and pleasant on the eyes and still bright enough to locate with fully dark adapted eyes.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Green trits are really bright with dark adapted eyes, but red trits are really nice and pleasant on the eyes and still bright enough to locate with fully dark adapted eyes.

that is very helpful, thanks!
I agree the green ones are very bright, more than necessary, for my needs, but still fun

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
great photos, thanks.. ice blue looks like the happy medium to me..

got red?:)

what are your trit color preferences for these two scenarios:

adequately bright enough for use as a marker to locate the light on the nightstand
while also not being too bright to be distracting when using sublumen levels

and, do you occasionally simply cover the LEDs if using the light up close at low levels?

iow, what color should I buy next (I have all green already).. LOL!
Im leaning towards aqua orange red combo.. or red yellow green
or, maybe 1 of each of 6 colors :)

if anyone cares to look there are a bunch of trit photos here

Last edited:

Sos24

Enlightened
great photos, thanks.. ice blue looks like the happy medium to me..

got red?:)

what are your trit color preferences?

I do not have red. I only have the three I showed. My preference is the ice blue. It is light enough not to be too distracting, while also being bright enough to see when just sitting on a table.

I don't usually feel the need to cover the vial with them on the bezel because being on the side usually only 1-2 are visible, unlike the RRT01 where all 6 are visible on the end. But if desired I can easily place my thumb over them.

Here is a picture of an all purple bead with 6 vials next to the ice blue bezel.
d1cc760620e0c4ca1bd8caaabb848b8a.jpg

bigfoot

Enlightened
49034753521_fb5b8e3524_o.jpg

Just picked up these Vapcell INR batteries; guilt-free HDS lumens, here we come! (And a big thanks for Jon for the suggestion!)

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just picked up these Vapcell INR batteries; guilt-free HDS lumens, here we come! (And a big thanks for Jon for the suggestion!)

Magnificent photo. Do you have the cells currently on offer from HDS? If so, how do they compare?

Personally, I'm past guilt. If I need lumens, I'm worth it. lol.

bigfoot

Enlightened
Thanks! Unfortunately, no HDS cells here, so not quite sure how they stack up.

True, flashlights are a relatively cheap hobby compared to many others... :p

Sos24

Enlightened
Magnificent photo. Do you have the cells currently on offer from HDS? If so, how do they compare?

Personally, I'm past guilt. If I need lumens, I'm worth it. lol.

I have a couple of those offered by HDS as well as the Vapcell, but haven't done any direct testing comparing the two. Ido not have equipment or knowledge for direct testing. From just general use observations both seem to have a good capacity and be reliable.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps late to the party on this but Geronimo decided to wake me in the middle of the night to pee... good grief... one would think a two-year old (14 in dog years) could make it longer than an old fart like myself but anyway... I just put white tritiums in the titanium bezel on my High Noon... and for a second, thought I had left it on. This gave me the idea of taking this photo... HDS on the lowest setting on white paper... makes the white tritium look green in the photo but not in real life... would that be considered "crossing the beams"?

img-5089.jpg
[/IMG]

Anyway, this should give a good idea of the brightness of the white tritiums from Mixglo.

Latest posts