HDS Systems EDC: Suggestions #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo- it's sooo cold in MN right now, we NEED a truly warm emitter option for our HDSs!!! :D

Hey, now don't think that we in Tucson don't understand cold. I had to wear a long sleeve shirt today and ALMOST needed to put the windshield up on the MUTT when I went to the post office this afternoon. I can relate to cold!

img-3125.jpg

Actually, I grew up in Minnesota... and once I left, I haven't returned.
I have to go outside now and sweep the sunshine off the driveway.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
What's that dark thing in the bottom left corner of the photograph? It's shaped just like a man holding up a camera or a phone, but it's just some dark shape, like a silhouette, but not a silhouette...

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's that dark thing in the bottom left corner of the photograph? It's shaped just like a man holding up a camera or a phone, but it's just some dark shape, like a silhouette, but not a silhouette...

It's me soaking up the afternoon sun's rays... while taking a picture. LOL!

So cold today I had to wear a jersey while riding some off road on the dirt bike. First time in four years!

Bro-in-Law who moved North ("Sunbird?") had -49 windchill in Watertown, WI. Brrrrr!

nbp

Flashaholic
Watertown is about 45 min from me. It was -23F with -49 windchills when I got up this morning. I went to an appointment at 3pm this afternoon and it was still -15F actual. Haha

Cpl S

Newly Enlightened
"Sweep the sunshine off the driveway" you say... I had this Drill Sergeant once...

LOL, reminds me of a story from bootcamp. We had this television in the squad bay the whole time we were in bootcamp. 1st Phase, no one asked about it. We were too busy getting "wore out". But second phase, some yahoo decided to ask the drill instructor if we could watch the TV during that 1 hour break we got just before we hit the rack. The drill instructor looked shocked at the request. So, with a bellow that comes from way deep under the diaphram, the insctuctor asked if we all wanted to watch TV. LOL, we all said YES SIR! Damn it........That drill instructor had us stand at attention in front of our footlockers. These were shin-high boxes that stored all our gear. We then had to place our feet on the footlockers and assume a push-up position. Next, we had to rest on our elbows, with our hands under our chins, like we were watching cartoons on a Saturday morning. Ugh.....every time the instructor yelled out another cartoon, we had to reach out with one hand and change the imaginary station on the imaginary TV. Each time, switching from one hand to the other.

Holy Hell, that sucked. No one ever asked to watch that TV again.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Lol. Nice. And old school. Instructors can't even yell or swear at recruits now. And if it gets to tough on them they can get a timeout slip and go sit someplace quiet and safe?!!! Lmao when I was if you didn't get a smack to head before dawn the black hat was dead 😂😂

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol. Nice. And old school. Instructors can't even yell or swear at recruits now. And if it gets to tough on them they can get a timeout slip and go sit someplace quiet and safe?!!!

Wow is that true? Let's not let this get political or the state of our patheticness we live in now. Just a yes or no. Do they literally issue timeout slips if someone feels victimized? Haha

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be great if HDS could make a male protective cap to sell for the battery tube side of its flashlight heads. I have many different battery tubes presently and can purchase almost twice as many new flashlight heads, with the same budget, if I did not have to purchase the battery tubes to protect the inside of the flashlight heads.

Last edited:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be great if HDS could make a male protective cap to sell for the battery tube side of its flashlight heads. I have many different battery tubes presently and can purchase almost twice as many new flashlight heads, with the same budget, if I did not have to purchase the battery tubes to protect the inside of the flashlight heads.
I wonder if the same plastic bottle cap that folks use a diffuser could be used for this purpose.

thermal guy

Flashaholic

I don't understand. Your buying batteries tubes to protect you HDS head? As in the back end of it where the threads are?

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if the same plastic bottle cap that folks use a diffuser could be used for this purpose.

It has to have a male end. Maybe I can find something in the hardware store....although it won't feel good putting on a $3 part to protect a $225 part. I could see myself acquiring a collection of five different HDS heads.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has to have a male end. Maybe I can find something in the hardware store....although it won't feel good putting on a $3 part to protect a $225 part. I could see myself acquiring a collection of five different HDS heads.
Why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.