HDS UV light... On SALE October 23rd.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's 20 yards to close for me

Found one the other night right by my feet when sitting on the couch. Total accident. Was playing with the UV and... CRAP! It wasn't feeling too well as it had to cross the line of death to get into the house so it was on the last of one of it's 8 legs. I gave him a bath in the sink and a ride on the garbage disposal.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Line of death? Poison I take it.

When it comes to chemical weapons, I make Saddam Hussein look like the Orkin man.

So, here is a picture of one of my pets hiding. Her name is Fluffy.
img-2218.jpg

Here is Fluffy with a Convoy UV light...
img-2217.jpg

And here is Fluffy with the HDS UV light with Woods lens...
img-2216.jpg

She is easier to spot with the HDS. I think she is thirsty and needs some of my special cocktail mixed up and sprayed on her.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
DANGER WILL ROBINSON! DANGER!!!

You can not tell when the light is on unless something is fluorescing in front of it. If you are dumb enough, like me, to shine it at your eyes when on medium or so, you will see deep purple (and your eyes will smooooooke on the waaaaater).

Is there any way to make a bezel available for the UV light that will mark it as UV light/Caution/Danger so as to distinguish it from other HDS lights? Or, can I send my bezel to someone that might be able to custom mark it for me?

Reason is that I can see my wife or someone else pick up this light with the Woods lens, click it on, look in the lens up close for a long time, and wonder why the light is not coming on.

Last edited:

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if the newer ACME-threaded bezels were ever available in titanium, but that anodizes a deep blue very nicely.

I was thinking more along the lines of a safety feature for someone not familiar with the HDS ultraviolet light and Woods lens. Bezel might say "UV light"; "Danger do not look into light".

archimedes

Flashaholic
I was thinking more along the lines of a safety feature for someone not familiar with the HDS ultraviolet light and Woods lens. Bezel might say "UV light"; "Danger do not look into light".

Well, you can use a label maker for that ... I like the PT-2730 ... but really, the safest thing is to secure potentially dangerous equipment away from those not able to safely handle such.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
My UV light engine host ...

RDGJLem.jpg

Its bezel is also labeled (although difficult to see in that photo) , but uses the same type of label as those seen here ...

qlrV9zL.jpg

And it also only contains batteries when I am using it.

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is there any way to make a bezel available for the UV light that will mark it as UV light/Caution/Danger so as to distinguish it from other HDS lights? Or, can I send my bezel to someone that might be able to custom mark it for me?

Reason is that I can see my wife or someone else pick up this light with the Woods lens, click it on, look in the lens up close for a long time, and wonder why the light is not coming on.

I know we won't be marking them, but if you have other people in the house, you may want to show them what it is and that it is easily distinguished from the other lights as the lens is black.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, you can use a label maker for that ... I like the PT-2730 ... but really, the safest thing is to secure potentially dangerous equipment away from those not able to safely handle such.

That is an interesting idea. I found a local jeweler that can machine engrave the bezel for me for $45.

Probably three words:

UV Light
Warning

I have several HDS lights that look identical and people around me that are smart but have very short memories.

Last edited:
I thought the issue was how does one know if it's on or off. Not a label indicating it's a uv light. Hence a dot or an o-ring that fluoresces when it's on. Maybe I missed something?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I think once it's on it's to late. People need to see what it is before they point it at there eyes.