Help! I'm getting sucked in...

JustAGuy

Newly Enlightened
Help! I\'m getting sucked in...

I've only been on this forum for about a month, but I've really enjoyed it. There's just so much cool stuff out there, and you all make it fun to read about!

Last week, I went to the local REI to get a PT Surge. They were out, so I got a Rage and an Attitude instead. Today I ordered a Streamlight 4AA LED ProPolymer off eBay, and a PT Surge, a Streamlight 3C LED ProPolymer, and an UK 4AA from BrightGuy. I'm really excited about my new hobby, but I don't mention these purchases to my wife (unless she asks), so I don't know who else to share my excitement with.

I know these are all relative cheapies, but for a guy who grew up on MagLites, this is a lot of fun! Thanks to all of you for making this forum possible.

Re: Help! I\'m getting sucked in...

Now you need some SureFires and TigerLights!
grin.gif

Dan.

Oh boy.. I really don't know how to help you because I am already myself knee deep in this...

Oh boy.. I really don't know how to help you because I am already myself knee deep in this...

JustAGuy,

you should really mention your purchases
to your wife. I do this every time and she
has got a understanding for my doing.

Otherwise this could end up in a lets
say not nice situation ...

Also I bought her an ARC AAA as a christmas
present and she likes it too :)

Cheers
Ralf

I know exactly what would help:

fcc69228.jpg

Take these three and call me in the morning. Call Tactical Warehouse, Dan's my new "pharmacist".
winkie.GIF
tongue.gif
grin.gif

I agree with ralf, you need to say something to her... you will save yourself a lot of heartache in the end..

Banged up?! Actually...I tried taking a picture of its "GOOD" side...

THIS is banged up:

fcc93cc8.jpg
fcc93db3.jpg
fcc93cec.jpg

And damn proud of it too!

Hey JustAGuy...welcome aboard
icon14.gif

LED,
You should consider carrying that E2 on a shorter lanyard than that 5' one tied to your belt. :>) TX

JustGuy,
Another reason for telling your wife, other than the obvious, it lets her understand your Christmas & BD wish list.

LEDagent: very cool!!! the only light i have that comes close to your E2 is my black mini-maglite which i carried for about 6 years before retiring it. my arc AAA has now taken its place
smile.gif

Originally posted by JustAGuy:
but I don't mention these purchases to my wife (unless she asks)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
grin.gif
you and millions of other happy men!
grin.gif
welcome to the club.

led, dude! that is one smacked up E2.
icon14.gif

LEDagent: is it possible to change the lexan lens of an E2 bezel? it seems like the built-in reflector would get in the way.