Help me find a thrower

desertrunner

Banned
Yes, I read the "reported posts" emails...

Desertrunner- If you're going to post a link, maybe some verbiage from you to back up why you think it's such a good choice? Otherwise it might mistaken for shilling.

Nobody is following you around the board, there are certain topics that draw the same names into the conversation. Again, unless you explain why you think something is the best thing since peanut butter, someone may think you're just shilling. And, it's flashlights. Let's all relax. :)

- I dont remember reporting any email, I did?
- I typically do back up my play and usually with a link.
- No shilling here.
- Yes, one member is following me around the board, its more comical than upsetting. Oh well.
- I never said anything was the best than peanut butter, but I hear you and thanks.
- I'm not attacking anyone here, I only give my opinion and thats it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Since we're doing bullet points:

- It was above where I addressed you, so it wasn't directed at you.
- I stand by my statement that certain topics draw the same people into the conversation.
- When the same light or mfgr. is repeatedly recommended for different uses by one member, it can be construed as a pattern, which may or may not be construed as shilling.
- Please stop editing your posts.
- Back on topic, apologies to the OP.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
1200 meters?!?! :eek: $140?!?!:eek: :eek:

Screw sliced bread, that's some chocilate and peanut butter action there. Good Gosh!!
I don't know the beam distance, but the Noctigon K1 must be exceeding it.

My old Olight M3XS-UT is rated at 250,000cd and 1000 metres. The K1 with the W1 Osram emitter is rated at 650,000cd. Although I'd personally opt for the Osram W2 emitter at only 600,000cd but 1500 lumens. The K1 is $89 :eek:

https://intl-outdoor.com/led-flashlights/k1-21700-thrower-led-flashlight.html

EDIT: Just checked the Acebeam T27 out. The Acebeam sites says 348,000cd and 1180 metres.

desertrunner

Banned
Another member was looking for a USB-C light and the only unit I know well is the Fenix 36R. With 1600 lumens, I am thinking/wondering if that might throw enough for the OP.

desertrunner

Banned
Go ahead and report me sir/ma'am. I've commented on a few posts you've made yes, one was saying the 5050r would "light up a football field" and that everyone else was suggesting subpar lights (one of the recommendations was a Malkoff and when I mentioned that you took offense to it) then you have this gem saying the 5050r with its 800 Lumens and 10000cd would make a helicopter searchlight. Yes I commented because they were bad recommendations and you spam posted this forum with a link to a 5050r on every recommend me a light post.

I did not report anyone and I suggested the 5050r could reach the end, but not light it up. I did not take offense to you, rather asked that you stop following me around the board. And your numbers are wrong on the 5050r, its more than 800 lumens and I did not specifically say it would make a helicopter searchlight, I never mentioned a helicopter and admit I missed that part of the OP. And the main reason I posted here is I never "spammed" any post or thread here, nor did I post a link in every post either, youre rather blowing up the truth here.

desertrunner

Banned
Would a new 12k lumens light from Nebo throw enough from a helicopter? Ive been following Nebo for a few months now and have been impressed. I assume this would work well from a helo bird.

I figured the 7k lumens might do the job too...

• Turbo (12,000 lumens): 30 second intervals
• High (7,000 lumens): 2 hours
• Medium (3,000 lumens): 3 hours
• Low (300 lumens): 12 hours

290NEB-FLT-1007_12K_Floating_Hero_Transparent.jpg

Last edited:

tbhracing

Newly Enlightened
I'll just leave this here. I've been a member here for far too long I don't easily get baited in to bull crap arguments. Enjoy your flashlights! 3 posts and I'm stalking you. Wow.
Youve been a member here for along time?? Why did you just post to him again, to stir the pot some more? Kinda now looks stalkerish. Just leave him alone and both of you will be fine.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
desertrunner / tbhracing; please take some time off; this back & forth bickering has not been helpful for the OP.
Your newer account has been closed, but please feel free to utilize the older account.

Our apologies to the OP for their thread getting derailed - despite some unfortunate replies, there do seem to be some good suggestions by other members.

Thank you all & best regards,

Last edited: