Hey bike people

raggie33

*the raggedier*
had to be in the south!!!!!lots of them drive around in a 4x4 truck that cost more then they will spend on there kids higher education.. only thing they haul in the truck is a broken weed eater empty busch beer cans and there wife. and her 3 teeth.. ok im venting i know most Southers are awesome i just hate bike haters. always 100 pounds over weight and blame there metabolism .

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ive found in cities with more educated citizens the better it is for bikers. but in this town iim in id guess most have not finished high school . yet there very polite. i live ina very poor town. ironcaly i live in the nicer area of this county lol and my place sucks compared to many of you all homes.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
my body is wierd i have long legs but im short. . i have had knees issues for years but it has been ok for a few years. started off in my 10 k days. suckied right after i broke a 40 minute 10 k my knees went bad. i was beating the local high school track team back then and i was just a kid.. biggest thing i recall from them days was running with robbie benson he was a big 80s star. i forgot why he was running. his mom was on off there rockers with bettty white

raggie33

*the raggedier*
true and i doubt they make the shoes i used to like i ran in sacony jazz if i recall

sajohnson

Newly Enlightened
Couldn't find it but r walmart hides stuff. I'm so close to taking the aleve
I take glucosamine and chondroitin (as someone mentioned above). Does it help? As my grandmother used to say, how would I know? I can say my knees still hurt a lot sometimes, but right now they are fine. Would they be worse if I didn't take it? Who knows -- maybe?

Why are you reluctant to take Aleve? I have no personal experience, but I know people who say it helps a great deal.

I take ibuprofen. It helps, but only knocks the pain down so much. Sometimes I take as many as 4 (800 mg total) which is the same as prescription strength. I do stay below the max daily limit though.

Another option is alternating heat and cold, or just using cold packs. One webpage out of many:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im terrified off pills had a bad experience trully thought i was dieing. i forgot what meds it was they had me on so many

sajohnson

Newly Enlightened
im terrified off pills had a bad experience trully thought i was dieing. i forgot what meds it was they had me on so many

I'm sorry to hear that.

One place to start might be -- if possible -- getting a list of all the meds they had you on. They may be in your file. It's possible that ibuprofen and/or Aleve are not on the list.

Even if they are, there's no way to know which pill(s) caused the reaction. You might try just taking one, or even half of one to check for a reaction.

Also, it's possible your bad experience was not related to the meds. Maybe (say) a panic attack. Obviously I have absolutely no idea -- I'm just throwing stuff out there.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
only meds i have left are my heart meds prazosin i think there called but haven't took them in a year at least

raggie33

*the raggedier*
And rock beats scissors, but paper beats rock, but then again, scissors beats paper.
imq grown man and still dont understnd that game im not slow just dont make sence to me. i played it last when i tried to tip a fedex driver. he wouldt take tip i said please he said ok lets play rock papper scissors i got to tip him luckly. poor dude delivered my heavy ebike last year and my grill

imq grown man and still dont understnd that game im not slow just dont make sence to me. i played it last when i tried to tip a fedex driver. he wouldt take tip i said please he said ok lets play rock papper scissors i got to tip him luckly. poor dude delivered my heavy ebike last year and my grill
Yep! One should always tip for such heavy and cumbersome packages. You're a good man, raggie33.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i took ibuprofen not sure if it helped my knees also do a clicking thing

sajohnson

Newly Enlightened
i took ibuprofen not sure if it helped my knees also do a clicking thing

Yeah, ibuprofen only does so much. It helps, but it's not like the heavy-duty painkillers. I'd take them, but I don't like the side effects -- not to mention the chance of getting hooked.

Another option is a cortisone shot. I had one years ago and it was great! The doctor mixed lidocaine with it to a) be sure he hit the right spot, and b) provide instant relief (cortisone takes a while to act).

Of course if nothing else works you can get a knee replacement. Everyone I know who has had one or both knees replaced raves about how wonderful they feel, and how great the new joint is. Of course there is a good amount of PT involved, but the results are worth it.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

raggie, did you fix your shifting issue?

Did you add components?

🛞-🛞

Latest posts