How do you make your lights more visible? Less sharp?

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
You could also get sports grip tape and wrap the light body in that. It comes in all kinds of colors, and even camo to make it really hard to find the light.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bicycle handlebar gel tape comes in all sorts of fancy patterns and colors.

Some people also use knotting to stylize their lights (see the thread about lanyards in the stickies).

TEEJ

Flashaholic
The trit "zipper pulls" are the cheapest...and if you get a pack of them, it really lowers the per unit costs.

:D

tubed

Enlightened
these are some great ideas
I especially like the grippy tape ideas
I have Rayovac Indesctuctable 2xAA that I keep in my wife's care that's jet black (not that she'll ever remember it's there). that will be my first experiment. think i'm going to put some white tape of some kind on it. Come to think of it - there's an "over-wrap tape" used on tennis raquet grips that might work well too.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The handlebar grips are super grippy. It even makes it kind of hard to stuff it into a pocket. Feels great im my hand. Wet/dry, you wont drop this thing that easy. Even with 10 tumbs on your hand :) Im never going to remove it from my md-4 tube.

EscapeVelocity

Enlightened
Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I've been meaning to get some SOLAS tape which is another good alternative.
Member PSM uses it and it seems to be very reflective, also looks pretty good on lights.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...lkoff-MD2!!!&p=3190444&viewfull=1#post3190444

SOLAS is awesome! I use it alot. Nothing reflects more!

614478037_photobucket_19564_.jpg

614478037_photobucket_5231_.jpg

Reflective paracord laynards are great too...

614478037_photobucket_31730_.jpg

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whats the best price anyone has seen on those clear acrylic FOBs with one or more tritium vials inside, and where did you find them for sale? I've run into some really nice looking tritium FOB's, and I Google it, but usually find next to nothing! I saw one that had a few trits of multiple colors inside. But where is it?

sixteenornumber

Newly Enlightened
The one thing I'm not too keen on about my high quality lights is their blackness. As someone who uses them for recreational purposes I really want to locate them quickly in the dark or in a bag. Also, as a boater, I worry that dropping my Nitecore MH25 (or others) could leave a nice ding.
I've been trolling CPF for ideas and seen or heard a few things in passing. The nicest were the brightly colored lanyard-style wraps on the "show us your home made lanyard" thread.
That seems beyond my capabilities.
Other ideas? Here's what i've seen mentioned
-GITD tape or other coloed tape (?duct tape)
-O- rings
-?paint , nail polish
I don't want to ruin my lights but I want to do something

I'd love to hear your ideas

be careful with paint, it wont last and often looks like crap! if possible only pant a small part that preferably unscrews or detaches. wrapping them in cord or rope is like wrapping your couch in plastic, don't do it!

MatthewSB

Enlightened
I keep a piece of reflective orange paracord tied to the lanyard hole of expensive tools while out in the woods.