how many CPF members own an ARC AAA

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's my EDC back-up. That is, it's the one I use to find my EDC when I drop it in the dark.

Paul

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have only one - it started out black, but is now pretty much silver - it's been through the mill, for sure. I don't think I'll get another, because they're now overpriced for users and I'm not a collector. I'd probably buy a Peak instead, if I were in the market.

Mike

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
how many CPF members own an ARC AAA

[/ QUOTE ]

351?

Do I win? Do I win? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I own one... Actually, I own two. One is stock and the other is modded. I carry the modded one every day and will continue to do so until I get a brighter LED_ASAP mod or andrewwynn's Nano.

I paid $28 for the stock one. I'm in no hurry to sell it, but I don't think the ARC AAAs are so radically better than the Peaks that I would pay the premium they are commanding. I'd rather have a Peak ARC prototype body with three high power snow LEDs than a stock ARC for the same price.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never hurts to keep looking. I bought my modded ARC AAA for $50 after ARC went out of business. Deals are out there.

On the other hand, I don't think anyone MUST have an ARC AAA. And I KNOW you aren't the only one on the forum that doesn't have one.

red_robby

Enlightened
i have more then one, just how many?, enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifand i've had one on my keys since i got it, same one!, but i would not buy one again even if i lost them all...

LightHearted

Enlightened
I am also one of the unfortunate ones who was not smart enough to get one while they were fairly valued. I won't pay the going rate for one now. That's just silly. On the brighter side, I have a strong belief that there will be a lux based replacement very soon that will be brighter if not smaller too. At least that's how I justify my not owning an Arc.

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Got one LE, one standard.

They are really well made and of good quality. But it probably do not worth the price that is going on Ebay right now(don't know what's the latest price, but last time it was kinda close to 100?)

If I were to get anything again, it will be a peak for sure. Great CS and good company to deal with!

Robban

Enlightened
I bought one when a few turned up in the B/S/T. I payed $40 for it. Can't say I regret it but... I don't really use it to be honest. It just doesn't have enough light to be truly useful. My QIII gets used on a regular basis. If I don't want to be blinded I just put a finger over the lens, problem solved, without a two stage switch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
2: One white from 2001 on my keychain, and a UV from 2003 in a drawer at home - I'm contemplating selling the UV.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine - it arrived at my place barely 3 days before Arc went under. For the size, nothing else delivers the same mix of runtime plus regulated light quality. It's stashed, but it will always have a place here.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've been EDCing one for about two years now. I guess I got lucky with the version I have. No problems at all. It's a black one with the lettering that gave the Gag folks fits. I was thinking I might start carrying a brass Peak 3LED Matterhorn, but the extra weight was too noticeable in the pocket. So my Arc lives on, at least for a while.

MrMom

Enlightened
I have around fifteen of them, perhaps more. I use five on a regular basis. I will allways have at least one with me at all times. Ten sit in a collection which ranges from v.1 to the last v. All colors are represented.

knifebright

Enlightened
i had 6 at one time. I recently got rid of my very last one (did you get it FLASHLIGHTMAN). I liked them but my real love is for luxeons in small packages. My arc ls's on the other hand, will stay with me.
jimmy

Darell

Flashaholic
Be easier to ask who doesn't have one. There's been one around my neck every day for three years now. It is enough light for about 80% of my needs. Doesn't impress the babes, but it gets the job done, and I don't need to lug around my Beast. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont have one so I chose the "Never Have, Never will" although I would love to own one...