How many lights do you EDC?

How many lights do you EDC?

• Zero. And you are registered on CPF....why?

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • One. Hey, even a single light carried all the time puts you way ahead of the typical person.

Votes: 44 25.4%
  • Two. Two is one, one is none. Gotta have a backup, right?

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • Three. Two is one, one is none, three is fun!

Votes: 46 26.6%
  • Four. You never know when you will need a hand-out for those who aren't prepared.

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Five. You are counting button cell lights, aren't you?

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Six. Do you use a backpack or a murse?

Votes: 4 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AMRaider

Enlightened
One always, sometimes two. I like to travel light (no pun intended!). :p

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
Usually 3: I keep an Olight Ti AAA on the keys, A Q3-5A Nitecore D10/EX10 in the pocket/belt holster, and a 6P/M2 high CRI SST50 in the jacket.

On duty it's a 6P/M2 high CRI SST50 on the duty belt, a Liteflux LF2XT in my right breast pocket, and a NailbenderM3 or LumensFactoryM4 in the bag.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of bag, what else goes in it and how do you like it?

Main bag is usually a CountyComm BOB XL and it will carry any and everything (almost). The Fenix TK20 sits in the flashlight pocket on the outside. L2T resides in a MaxPed Triple Mag Holder on the inside of the bag. One light, in this case the Xar TZ50 resides in the bag loose or sits in the side packet of the Pack Rat. Sometimes I might also carry a Surefire (loose) but the lanyard is clipped to a secure point in the bag. The backup light and the HL20 go inside a Spec Ops Packrat.

The bag itself is pretty big. It has pockets and slots galore on the outside. The inside is covered in this velcro type material so you can attach velcro backed pouches (like the MaxPed magazine holders) on the inside for more space. Plus the pockets on the outside holds batteries and the carrier just right.

The smaller bag is a LA Police Gear BOB Jr and I talk the essential stuff outta it and put it into the bag. I might also slip some more lights into the pockets if I will be out at night.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i always have 1 light on me. sometimes 2.

i too carry a backpack to work everyday, or at least 5 or 6 times a week.
i have my olight m20, quark 123-2, and jetbeam lll M, backup primaries and alkalines, my PSP, ipod, earphones, leatherman wave, spyderco salt-1, baseball cap, beanie, rcr123 charger, lotion, lipbalm, band-aids, sunglasses, toothbrush, a novel, work ID, and some spare change in my bag.

jetbeam RRT-0 in my pants pocket, and zebralight in my shirt pocket.

during work ill carry 2 or 3 lights, i like to switch them up, and carry different lights for different purposes. i always have my RRT-0, and
zebralight, and ill switch off between the quark, jet lll M, or M20.

many nights ill let a co-worker borrow a light, usually the quark or M20, in hopes that i can turn them into a flashaholic, or at least dump their p.o.s light and get something better, since this is our most used tool at work, i believe getting something of quality and better to use is a must.
i helped a friend buy a jetbeam M1X, its on the way now. its mainly because of the constance trash talking a sercurity worker, and myself included inflict on him everytime he turns on his $15 light. :twothumbs but its alright, ive known him for over 20 years.

njet212

Enlightened
Vote for one. Last time i was carry 2 light for EDC, one light on key chain and one light non key chain light. But i put something else also in my pocket, cell phone, keys, wallet. I feel carrying 2 light just add more bulk on my pocket, so just carry 1 light at the moment.

pilote

Newly Enlightened
1...an $8 eGear aaa LED penlight...good for looking in and under a desk, and fits in a pen loop in whatever maxpedition bag i'm using (currently it's the neat freak)...

just no interest in getting something smaller, more powerful, multi-modes, etc., don't need it in my daily work activities...i can see carrying 2 lights, but more than that needs explaining cause then it's just a fetish/obsession...

(note...i have a couple sf g2z w/malkoff's so it's not like i dismiss hi-performance light gear. no way are they edc's though)

dcycleman

Enlightened
1, almost always a surefire, between my keys, 2 cell SF, spyderco, cell phone, and wallet. thats all the crap I care to have in my pockets. I carry spares in the pickup, and if I'm goin hikin or somethin I'll put a 1 cell backup in my pack too along with spares, but edc, I'll roll the dice and go with less weight and bulk

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Lately I've been carrying;

Neck carry Draco
Ra Twisty
Ra Clicky high CRI
Quark AA MiNi xp-g
Quark AA MiNi neutral
EZAAw
AlumiBronze Ion
Ti LF2XT

and I've still got more room in my pockets!

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wake up, I walk out to the kitchen, I eat a Poptart. I go back to my room. There I load my pants with all my EDC. From that moment to the second I lay down again at night time I carry all of these lights.

First production Electrolumens EDC-P7, Tiablo A9 with aspheric lens, Photon Proton Pro, my hot wire AAA Minimag, one coin light on my key chain, and one coin light on my battery bag containing 3x 18650 cells, 2x AA and 4x L92 AAA. I carry many other things with me, but this thread is not about all of our EDC:whistle:, just are lights. The truth is, I use my Proton Pro 90% of the time with the others not getting much use, but why pay good money for good lights and not have them with you:eek:oo:? Also I like to think I'll never encounter a time were I wish I had a better light for the job! I run down the batteries so quickly in the Proton that I use NiCads because self discharge is meaningless when you run through a battery every week, and this way they will last much longer then more frail NiMH cells in the long run.

Last edited:

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
I *always* carry two on me every single day:

2 AA Mini-Maglite upgraded with Terralux TLE-5EX drop in LED upgrade, a glass lens, and a Terralux TCS-1 tailcap clicky switch.

Fenix LD20.

Both lights always have Duraloop AA cells in them. The LD20 is my main light that I reach for first and the Mini-Maglite is my backup light. I carry both in their own separate nylon belt holsters. I never seem to run out of uses for them, that's for sure.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Three:

ARC AAA-P Snow on neck lanyard at all times except shower.
Nitecore D10 or Novatac EDC 120P clipped inside LF pocket.
Quark AA^2 on 18650 (AA^2 body as spare) in my "briefcase"

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Never less than two, but neither (SF E1 & SL SP / LD01 2xAA hybrid) has ever let me down (well, except for letting cells get too low :ohgeez:). It would have been three, except that my smallest is on extended loan (SL Microstream)

Now, ENC, that's different... :naughty:

Edit: Nice to see that the most common value is also two, with a beautiful bell curve. Who would have thought that I was normal?? :shrug:

Last edited:

Warp

Enlightened
I agree, Kestrel. I figured my "two" would be below average. I thought three would be the most common answer. BUT the poll is kind of new, I suppose....

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I agree, Kestrel. I figured my "two" would be below average. I thought three would be the most common answer. BUT the poll is kind of new, I suppose....
Well, you were pretty firm about occasional carry. ;) I bet that the higher numbers posted elsewhere (i.e. other threads) come from: Well, sometimes I have my briefcase, sometimes I'm in my car, sometimes I have my jacket, backpack, etc... :devil:
And I mean truly EDC. This is Every Day Carry here. If you have fewer at work than otherwise use the at work number, for example. I have a feeling the numbers will be high enough without people answering with their out on the town loadout.
LOL, keepin' us honest... :huh:

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Lately I've been carrying;

Neck carry Draco
Ra Twisty
Ra Clicky high CRI
Quark AA MiNi xp-g
Quark AA MiNi neutral
EZAAw
AlumiBronze Ion
Ti LF2XT

and I've still got more room in my pockets!
Okay, just to check my honesty on this one.

I actually only have the Ra lights with me if I'm wearing my vest or jacket, but I did miss the Drake which has been living in my pouch! So it's 7 for now! :tinfoil:

hoongern

Enlightened
Okay, just to check my honesty on this one.

I actually only have the Ra lights with me if I'm wearing my vest or jacket, but I did miss the Drake which has been living in my pouch! So it's 7 for now! :tinfoil:

Curious - why the decision to carry both the mini-AA neutral and EZAAw? Do they provide you with enough differences to justify carrying both, or is it just because you want to carry more?

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Curious - why the decision to carry both the mini-AA neutral and EZAAw? Do they provide you with enough differences to justify carrying both, or is it just because you want to carry more?
Because I still really like the EZAAw and haven't made the decision to put the MiNi AA in it's place. Still trying to differentiate between the various lights for which ones I really, really prefer in daily life.
Hard choices lead to more purchases. :ohgeez:

grump

Newly Enlightened
I always have my ARC-AAA on my keys and when going out at night either an E1B or E2DL depending on where I'm going...

lights

Newly Enlightened
2 always on my person, if I have my back pack with me, usually around 6 or so.

Always a AAA Peak Matterhorn single snow white led. Its bomb proof, has enough useful light, and will run forever in case of an emergeny. Plus, its brass and well worn, so it looks cool on the keys. Perhaps 10% of the time its a SS LOD. Before that it was an aluminum LOD or Maratac AAA, but i gave one to my sister and one to my wife. All are great keychain lights, but the Peak is in a totally different class quality-wise, which imo is what a keychain light should be, indestructable.

In my pocket I have recently rotated between my neutral quark tactical (either 14500 or RCR 123), and a SF L1 cree. The quark mini 123 and aa also frequent that space. The quark tactical interface and beam has to be my favorite of any light i have had (the d10 comes close) and is by far my most used light now. I keep coming back to the L1 cree though, it is definetly a classic...

In my bag, I usually have a zebralight H501, a larger 2x123 or 18650 light, such as a Malkoff MD2 or SF 6P and a few others.

I use all my lights at work, and they are all worn well and broken in. Thats how I like them....

:)

Latest posts