How many lumens is your edc?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of my newer lights are EDC pocketlights, so the V10R with a RCR123/16340 is up to over 450LM, or so. The Xeno E03 with a 14500 in neutral white T5 is ~400LM, the ShiningBeam I-mini is 260LM with a CR123, maybe more with the RCR123 that's currently installed. The ZL SC-600 with 18650 is 750/500LM and the Fenix PD32 with an 18650 is 320LM, or so.

I'm rotating them almost daily, so that's why I have more than one listed.

Chris

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, around 25 lumens has been more than enough for most of my daily usage even though my light can go higher.

+1

I EDC a Quark XML on 1x14500 so ~300 lumens, but day to day my typical L/M/H usage is 0.3/3/24 lumens. 115/300 lumens is reserved for showing off, or spotting forest rat deer.

I apparently have good night vision and hate charging/changing batteries.

chenko

Enlightened
My Xeno E03 on a single eneloop blows out about 100 lumens of warm white goodness. It's perfect! :cool:

Xplorer

Newly Enlightened
I've got my Fenix LD01 on me at all time, 85Lumens on the package. I have yet to toss it in an integrating sphere to get an actual lumen count

vikingr

Newly Enlightened
I usually carry a Fenix LD10, which has max. of 100 lumes, at least that's what it says on the package ;)

I especially like the low mode, sometimes when searching for stuff in a bag or in the boot of the car, brighter is not always better.

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
The ones I have with me all the time....

V11R with AA extender, running a 14500.... approx 500 lumens (keep this in my bag that's with or near me, along with a few spare AA alkaline batteries)

iTP A3 upgraded, running a 10440.... approx 225-250ish lumens (on my keychain so it's on me at all times - I keep a few spare AAA alkaline batteries in my bag with the V11R)

Brand X

Newly Enlightened
My EDC is an HDS Rotary so 200L, but very rarely do I use it on full power.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
70 lumen T1A on my key ring. More then enough light, fact is I haven't use the light past it's approx 1/2 plus rotation on it's rotary head, and that was kind of too bright!

VIET PRIDE BULLIES

Newly Enlightened
IMO the more lumen out put the better.
Yes, you probably use the low low most of the time but it's not harm when your EDC could be super bright.

nativecajun

Newly Enlightened
3 / 40 / 180 4Sevens CR2 mini. In my pocket day or night. Has never flinched when asked to light. No problems what so ever. I also have a HDS Clicky that stays on my night stand. Or if I know I will be out after dark hiking or something I bring both the Mini CR2 and the HDS Clicky. I just leave Clicky at it's default settigs from Henry. I just love it for its default low. Just right for getting up in the night. Have been searching to get another light. Would love a three twisty like the CR2 But with 1LM or less for the low. .50 / 40 / 180 Would be a great light. If you know of one like that please send me a PM. Anything lower than 3lums. Way to high for getting up in the night. 1.5 on down to .5 Would love a CR2 with .50 / 40 / 180. Just wished my 4Sevens CR2 Mini to be that spec. Three lumens is way way high for getting up from sleep to go where ever in the house. Not "go" where ever in the house but to go where ever in the house.

Funny,,,,, My Mini CR2 puts out 60 lumens more than the huge HDS because $100.00 was all I wanted to spend on a light at the time. So far I have not spent more than that on a light. I have bought many. Long story. If a relative needs a light I will give one to him. Or a young child in Pathfinders. " a program in our church like girl scouts and boy scouts". I will every so often give a needy child a light. You can tell who they are. The one that asks you to borrow a bowl to eat his oatmeal in for breakfast. Then asks if he can boil some water on my back pack stove. Then he asks for a pot to heat the water with. Well I fixed him all up with all he needed then later when I noticed later that he did not have a light I gave him one. So that is why I am looking for another. Anyone have experience with the quality of Klarus lights. I love their little AAA and AAAA gold ones. Would hate to use it but that is why I buy lights. They look like a piece of Jewlery though. I love the look. I like the AAA better not because of runtime like one would think but for the two little holes drilled in the tailcap lug instead of the loop in the AAAA one. And the length is the same for both lights.

I went to check to make sure of the lengths of the Klarus gold lights. The AAA is longer then the AAAA one. MY BAD

Cajun

Last edited:

tmt

Newly Enlightened
right now my edc is a coast hp7. it's rated at 207 lm. I just bought a klarus xt11. It's gonna be my new edc. high mode is 600 lm but i think i will use the medium mode more often which is 150 lm.

Newly Enlightened
my edc is a cheap SA-28 that serves my needs. Usually on the low setting......high when using it zoomed in

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Far and away most used as EDC is my LF3XT with a max (upgraded to XP-G R5) in bigchelis's sphere thread of 187 after warmup. Since mine has the stock XR-E R2 it's probably a touch below 150. It's not programmed with the max drive as one of my preset levels so I probably am not much over 100 unless I use the momentary max. That max only comes in occasionally.

My most carried secondary it a Proton Pro with a max around 100 lumens...at the emitter. Call it maybe 75 given losses. It's throwier so a brighter hotspot and serves well.

I'm good with both although there are times where some more oomph would be useful. For EDC I do fine.

Last edited:

RiderOnTheStorm

Newly Enlightened
Mine tops out at 190 Lumens, but has low, med and high setting, for 70% I use low, the rest are either medium or high setting. I'd rather have the capability and not need it, and need it and not have it. I've haven't found myself in a situation where my EDC light wasn't bright enough. YMMV.

peterscm

Newly Enlightened
My EDC unit is Jetbeam BC10 and using AW RCR123A to drive it. I'm very happy with the brightness. Plan to get a backup unit Fenix E05 that using AAA to put in my coin wallet.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Single cells are the best for edc IMHO. My PD-S and Haiku pushing approximately 150 and 200 lumens are the perfect edc for me. Multiple speeds and the ability to use rechRgeable cells is a plus point.

TweakMDS

Enlightened
32 or 105 lumen with the Fenix E11. My D25C Ti with XM-L T6 is coming in this week, but I haven't decided if I'll EDC it. I'll probably edc it in the winter as in the summer my edc is much more likely to get thrown around, fall out of my pocket or left in a hot car.