How many people are still using the Fenix old model? you know, like the P1D, L2D, etc

itsdark

Newly Enlightened
Re: Still Using My Old Fenix Models

I have carried a fenix ld01 stainless steel with the cree Q5 for around 3 years every day and use it all the time and never had any problems, although I wish it had a low battery warning. I also edc a fenix T1 in my uni rucksack which has come in handy heaps of times, that thing is near invincable. I have an old LD20 cree Q5 but the led has been damaged by it being on in turbo in my pocket by mistake and is now a loaner for my parents. I use a scorpion v2 now tho as my primary light on my belt.
Must admit all my fenix lights have been really well built and have been very impressed.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Still Using My Old Fenix Models

I have various models throughout their history. But my fave is still my original L1. Not an L1P, it is silver and had the lower bin Luxeon. But I have modded it with a Seoul, and also done the "5-Ohm tailcap mod". So now she works as a twisty with the clicky toggling low and high modes. It's been on all of our major trips since 2005 and served on bike handlebars and helmets, too.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hehe I remember when Fenix lights were all the rage a few years ago. Never got around to buying one. They look like nice lights.

braddy

Enlightened
I'm still carrying my L0D CE on my key chain after 5.5 years, it looks rough from my plumbing work, but it works the same as from the beginning.

herosemblem

Enlightened
My p3d works.great. currently relegated to a camping light and it has a slipon diffuser wand that used to be sold by lighthousedog or some online retailer like that. Ony. Reason I don't edc it is its lack of a pocket clip.

Burgess

Flashaholic
My Fenix E0, which i received September of 2006,
mysteriously DIED a couple years ago.
:awman:

My Fenix L2D-CE, received February 2007, still works Fine !

Even with its "Lowly P4" flux bin, it always Impresses the HELL outta'
everybody who sees it on Max mode ! ! !

:eek:

My other Fenix lights are still good, also.

- L1D-CE

- L0D-CE

- E1

- Civictor (which i consider to be a Fenix)

Paladin

Enlightened
A pair of L2P's are still used at my house. One rides in my get-home bag whenever I'm out on the road, or in my shoulder bag when flying. The wife demanded her own.

Paladin

burntoshine

Enlightened
i have a nice little "hideout" that i made along a river. i keep a little container down there, in which i keep binoculars, zip-ties, alcohol pads, paper towels and a natural finish P1D CE that i modded to neutral white; along with a tube of four 123s.

braddy

Enlightened
I fully understand a cache, but your list is a little puzzling, would you mind sharing your reasons for it?

recDNA

Flashaholic
I still have a P1d I leave by my audio equipment to light up stuff when fiddling. It was one of my first "real " flashlights and I really loved walking out into dark lonely parking lots with that baby blazing. Still works as good as new. Still wish it had a clicky.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
L2D Rebel from 2007, now lives in my bug-out bag.

Good light, but gets secondary duty because a high-CRI has replaced it for everyday use.

Also have an L0D around somewhere.

If Fenix would get on the stick with high-CRI (or at least more neutrals or warms) I'd come back and buy more.

Last edited:

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a P3D Q5 attached to a P2D body running one AW RCR123.

Cody001.jpg

I also have
L2D Q5
L1DCE
E01
TK10
I haven't bought any Fenix lights since the 4Sevens Quarks came out but the LD12 and PD22 look like some nice lights with nice specifications, just wish they had a moon mode.

somnambulated

Newly Enlightened
Brilliant! I should do the same with my PD30, I never use it.

Also have had a TK11, TK45, ad PD3 before I started branching out to other makers.
• Mobile post

Last edited:

Roood

Newly Enlightened
Just a quick question and out of curiousity, in what order did the LD10 models come out? is it... Q5, R4 then the latest is R5? Just got a Fenix LD10, its showing Premium R5 on the bezel with Mirror Reflector (5mode), I'm showing some LD10's as Orange Peel. Is mine old or new?

Last edited:

burntoshine

Enlightened
I fully understand a cache, but your list is a little puzzling, would you mind sharing your reasons for it?

sure. assuming you're talking to me: binoculars for animal watching (lots of deer, turkey and other birds to see). replacement zip-ties for my rake (i have a rake-head zip-tied to a large, thick stick that is a perfect handle) and various other uses. zip-ties are so dang useful! and having a rake is a must for making trails. alcohol pads and paper towels are used to clean up scrapes and cuts (which happen quite a bit when biking through the woods; i always have wounds that mysteriously appear). and the flashlight to just have a backup around. oh, and i keep a lighter in there, too.

appliancejunk

Enlightened
Interesting topic. Being new to Fenix lights it's good to hear how the old ones are still running strong.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
My P2Ds have been relegated to back-up lights but only because I wanted neutral tints.The P2Ds would still meet my needs otherwise.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brilliant! I should do the same with my PD30, I never use it.

Also have had a TK11, TK45, ad PD3 before I started branching out to other makers.
• Mobile post

The P3D does flicker on turbo when running on one Li-ion rechargable battery but all other modes work fine, I don't know about the PD30.

I always have a backup light for turbo but I don't use turbo/max that much on such small lights, they get hot and the battery does not last long.

Latest posts