How many people are still using the Fenix old model? you know, like the P1D, L2D, etc

sonofjesse

Newly Enlightened
I had a P2D last year I loved it carried for a good while, I lost it somewhere and it never did turn up :(

spinkid

Newly Enlightened
P1D is on my Jeep keychain and gets weekly use. I have seoul modded L0D on my keychain and it gets daily use. Its nice and beat up but still keeps ticking. I have tried to swap it out a few times but always go back to it.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
L2d premium 100..here on the desk next to the Nitecore SENS AA...Took the L2d out of hibernation last week

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
If Fenix would get on the stick with high-CRI (or at least more neutrals or warms) I'd come back and buy more.

Too right. That and an AA version of the E01.

L2D Q5 is still used on my bike. Still has my favourite beam pattern, even compared to the L1D Q5 I bought later.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both have the same exact head.

Yes I know. That is what is so surprising. I bought the L1D because I thought I would get the same beam out of it but it was more ringy. There wasn't the nice soft transition from hotspot to spill and the tint was just a little bit more blue. Bought them about a year apart and in different countries but lost out on that lottery.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I know. That is what is so surprising. I bought the L1D because I thought I would get the same beam out of it but it was more ringy. There wasn't the nice soft transition from hotspot to spill and the tint was just a little bit more blue. Bought them about a year apart and in different countries but lost out on that lottery.

My L1D is a little ringy, has smooth reflector and old Cree P4 LED.

I had a couple of Ultrafire AA lights, one was white and one was very very green.

Mr_Black

Newly Enlightened
The old Fenix lights were the first lights that I bought when i discovered this forum. I keep my first generation PD20 around as my household light. This is the old clipless version and I bought the LD10 and LD20 bodies and tailcaps that Fenix sold separately. The head is usually set up on the LD20 body and I run all my older and expiring alkaline AA's in it. I also have a first generation PD30 that I keep in my car.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
My L2D Q5 is on the desk for those little moments when I briefly need a light at hand

I still use my PD20 for work almost everytime I go to see a client to do maintenance (along with a Q123 tactical)

L0D on my keychain

E0 on the nightstand, but I don't really use it now that I have an IFE2 on there as well.

I have a P3D Q5 attached to a P2D body running one AW RCR123.

Brilliant! I should do the same with my PD30, I never use it.

You guys just gave me a :ohgeez: moment. I always wish I could have lower modes and longer runtime on my PD20 (I run it on AW RCR's as well). Now I have to try the head from my PD30 that hasn't seen any use in years.

The P3D does flicker on turbo when running on one Li-ion rechargable battery but all other modes work fine, I don't know about the PD30.

I'll be trying it soon...

Marfenix

Newly Enlightened
I have a Fenix P1D as EDC on my belt for years, it never failed me and is still going strong. I have a LD01 Ti as a backup in my bigskinny wallet for years and that never failed me either. By the times they need to be replaced, no worry because I have a spare for both of them! In other words I love my Fenix flashlights!

awyeah

Enlightened
My LD20 Q5 (which isn't all that old) is my main power outage light, and only recently got ousted as my outdoor light when I got my TK41 U2. If I ever do any real outdoor stuff (other than walking the dog), I'll probably keep it with me as a backup.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still use my L2D Q5 I have had since late 2007. People are still very impressed by it and it is hard to believe its age at times. It's been 100% solid and dependable so far with great battery life.

Also used is the E01, LD01 and to a lesser extent the TK10.

Latest posts