How many people are still using the Fenix old model? you know, like the P1D, L2D, etc

välineurheilija

Enlightened
I have an L2D in the car and on a shelf in the house i have a TK20 and 2 TK10,s other one is black and the other is olive :twothumbs Oh and i also have LD20 q5,LD10 and TK40 if you count those as old models.No problems with any of the lights

rumack

Enlightened
I still use several of the old Fenix models. They may not be quite as bright as lights with current generation LEDs, but they still work quite well and are very dependable. The L0D Q4 remains one of my favorite AAA lights.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
"I'll be trying it soon..."

Let us know how it goes.

Well, I tried to try, but turns out the thread pitch on the PD30 Q5 is not the same as on the PD20 R2 :mecry: I'll have to consider other routes if I really want to restore lower modes on my throwy work EDC.

staghater

Newly Enlightened
L2p V2.0 and l1t V2.0.
Perfectly good flashlights and i am using them and will using them.
Its funny that Fenix l2p is outdated but its still 45 lumens brighter than dark ;)

Flic

Enlightened
I've got a bunch of early Fenix lights. I love them! There are two that stand out because they have been in daily use since the day they arived in the mail. There has been a L0P-SE (three mode Lux I) on my keychain since mid 2006. I still EDC a P2D Rebel 100 that I got in late 2007. It does share use with a Quark 123 no clip (early model with XP-E). I never leave the house without one of those last two on my belt. Actually I usually have one on my belt inside the house too. Don't carry a light when I'm naked though.

eamonn

Newly Enlightened
I've had a P1 on my key chain for maybe 5 or 6 years. It has been dropped, thrown, and generally banged around the entire time I've had it, without a hitch. It works as well as the day I got it.

adnj

Enlightened
My P1D is primaries only so it makes a great emergency light.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
There has been a L0P-SE (three mode Lux I) on my keychain since mid 2006.

Ahh yes, I still have the 1 mode L0P. I use high impedance batteries in it but was thinking about putting in a nichia 219. Quite an easy one to open up and mod this one.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have a Fenix P1D CE and another one that I moded with a XP-E R4. Because it was a smooth reflector, it did not focus the beam properly therefore I have a very wide beam profile with the XP-E R4 mod. It is a very bright wide hotspot.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still carry around the Fenix Civictor as my pocket light after trying many others of more advanced technology. Solid, stubby and simple feels right for me.

DBRS

Newly Enlightened
Me and my brother still have "Fenix 4in1 Powerpack P2D/L1D Q5 Black Combo", that we bought from "4 seven" late 2007.
We use them most of the time as EDC (with aa eneloop and various cr123 primarys) , and they are still fully functional.

mbw_151

Enlightened
I still have a couple of Fenix L1Tv2 lights. These are perfect loaners. Simple UI; click for on/off and twist for low/high. If one goes AWOL, it wasn't expensive andthe tint was too cool anyway.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still have a Fenix P3D Q5, an L2D Q5, an L1D/P2D Q5, an L1T version 2.0, and a PD10 Titan R5. All still get used. The PD10 Titan is an edc light. The Fenix P3D Q5 still gets used occasionally for hikes and backpacking. It's levels are perfect and runtime on medium lasts 16 hours. Using a newer Fenix light, I lose much needed throw for nighthikes. The L2D Q5 is my power outage/emergency light. It runs near 60 hours on low and is bright enough for 90% of tasks on low. The P2D Q5 and L1T heads and bodies get switched around a lot. I like the P2T (L1T head on P2D body and tailcap). Instant high and low settings when turned on without the bright flash first. All but the PD10 Titan have interchangeable parts so I can replace broken tailcaps and damaged bodies. I wouldn't be able to replace a failed side switch on the newer models (one of the reasons I haven't purchased any of the L or P series lights recently.) I also have a Fenix TK11 R2 that still get use as a thrower. Newer models that are brighter, still lack throw.

flame2000

Enlightened
I still have a L2D Q5 loaded with Eneloop in my drawer. It has became a backup after I got my 18650 lights. I brought it along whenever I travel overseas.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Still have my oldest Fenix. It's (overall) the best keychain light I own. L0D Rebel 80.

It's going back on my keychain. It's going to stay there from now on too. Been disappointed with many of my other single-AAA lights.

Closet_Flashaholic

Enlightened
I have (1) P1D CE, (1) P1D (in "natural"), (2) L1D's, (2) L2D (one CE, one Q5). All working well. I gave one of the L1D's to my Manager several years ago. A couple of them sit on my workbenches. The only thing I don't like about them is that I don't think they support 14500's and I don't want to risk trying one in any of them.

These Fenix, were my first "real" flashlight purchasese other than about 15 maglight 2AA'a (in various flavors), a 3C maglight and an original gladius.

Sadly, I haven't really been excited enough about any of Fenix's offerings since then to purchase any of their later models.

Tumbleweed48

Newly Enlightened
L1Ps here; one in my shaving kit, one in my wifes purse, and an L2P in my vest pocket.

Definitely now outclassed by even the little Preon 2 in my shirt pocket, but like reliable old friends, are valued beyond their radiance.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now and then I still use Fenix TK10 and TK20, they are great lights, and SO tough buildt. Even if the newer lights have much higher output/better runtime with same output, these older lights still are very good. Actually in one way better than the newer models: no bluish or greenish tints, no 3-divided tint like white hotspot, yellow corona and purple spill. Yes, they are actually better in this case!