How many still use the Lowes Taskforce 2C?

grayrock

Newly Enlightened
I have mine by the bed every night for big jobs. It was great during a pig hunting session in September. I was in my stand after dusk and there was just enough light to see a hog come out at about 75 yards. I eased the TF light out the window, put the crosshairs near where I thought the pig was. Torched the porker and put 180 grains near the shining eyes. Ham is in the freezer now!!!:twothumbs

I got the Husky light recently, and while it puts out more, it is too bulky. Too bad I can't get that output in a Surefire G-2 Z sized package with the same battery life.

Showolf

Newly Enlightened
Look at my AVATAR... :D

I have used my TASK FORCE CREE many times at my security job where I work nightshift. You just can not beat it for the price, and its amazing performance! I feel I am ready for whatever the darkness may throw at me with this awesome thrower... There is only one other light that I would use alongside the almighty TASK while at work, and that's my STREAMLIGHT PROPOLYMER 3C. I am confident that the new HUSKY light would scare off intruders --> It's hideous looks will scare away anything lurking in the shadows........................

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at my AVATAR... :D

I have used my TASK FORCE CREE many times at my security job where I work nightshift. You just can not beat it for the price, and its amazing performance! I feel I am ready for whatever the darkness may throw at me with this awesome thrower... There is only one other light that I would use alongside the almighty TASK while at work, and that's my STREAMLIGHT PROPOLYMER 3C. I am confident that the new HUSKY light would scare off intruders --> It's hideous looks will scare away anything lurking in the shadows........................

Did you happen to see my review of the Husky comparing it to my old Taskforce and then to my new silver cree Taskforce?

entendu

Newly Enlightened
Got rid of my Task Force a while back ditto with AAP 2 C . Now am using the RR Night Fire 2 C. Much smoother beam and runs longer. Don't need the throw very often but when I do I get the 2 D maglite and adjust beam for narrow spot.

Heading to the future at light speed!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I keep it in the back of my car as a back-up light. My job actually requires using a flashlight. Main work-light is one of too many to count 2xCR123 lights that I rotate every few days.

roymail

Enlightened

Taboot

Enlightened
Mine hangs from the furnace, and is used for oily dirty jobs in the basement. I love the light and its cheap enough that you don't mind if it gets dirty or banged around. Plus, there's always plenty of C cells around in my house to power it. A bunch of my kids toys use C cells.

VF1Jskull1

Enlightened
the one i gave to my brother as a 2007 christmas gift was lent to a few of his careless friends and they kept dropping it on pavement while out crabbing. this caused the cree's led dome to come apart from the emitter and resulted in a crappy maglite beam. he came over one day and said where can i get another one. i took the bezel off and the emitter dome fell out but still lights when activated... i told him the easiest thing to do is to go back to lowes to get another one. i think i should have told him to specifically ask for an exchange.... do you guys think he can exchange it for a new one? i do remember vaugely that you can bring it back to lowes for replacement.

rushnrockt

Newly Enlightened
I still have my "60x" light and use it all the time to walk the dog and while off-roading. The light is rarely on continuously for anything more than 2 minutes and the battery life has been great. It also makes for a good light to use with one hand while slowly moving in a vehicle thanks to its clicky. I have a Husky now as well and while the throw is awesome, it is not nearly as comfortable for one handed operation.

Did you happen to see my review of the Husky comparing it to my old Taskforce and then to my new silver cree Taskforce?

If you look at Husky thread, you'll that Showolf is in love with TF and thinks it's the best.

NewtotheUP

Newly Enlightened
I bought one based on all the recommendations I've seen on this board. It's my bedside "When you might need to blind an intruder" light.

I also still use the 1xaa 1w Task Force(although I am now thinking of modding it to a Seoul or Cree:naughty:)

Last edited:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you look at Husky thread, you'll that Showolf is in love with TF and thinks it's the best.

Yes I know. He is actually the main reason why I went out of my way and picked up the new version Taskforce with the silver cree. I just wanted him to see that the Husky is in fact brighter than both versions of the Taskforce, and absolutely crushes them both in terms of throw!

kavvika

Enlightened
My dad still uses the one I gave him for Christmas last year nearly every day. Usually it's for a few minutes to check outside for the mice and carpenter ants that like to find cracks and holes in the foundation of our house! During family vacations it sits in the center console of whichever car we're taking. Apart from the sharp machining on the bezel, neither him nor I have any complaints about the light. It's a bright thrower on a budget.

tarponbill

Newly Enlightened
I bought mine a while back. I use Eneloop AA in a piece of PVC pipe. It's still my go to light for outside after dark. It occupies the spot that the 4D maglite used to have. Nice beam, good throw, which is important around my place on a bay, and works fine. Used daily for 1/2 hour or so.

chewy78

Enlightened
it is a more comfortable light to hold in stead of the husky 4 watt i took back to the store. The tint seams to be really on the warm side too.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Zombie thread!

Oh well . . . How things can change in so little time. Since my last post, this 2C model is still available at Lowe's Hardware. Lost the job I had. But Life goes on. Moved the light from the trunk of my car to the top of the fridge, then to the shelf above my desk at home, then back to the top of the fridge. I end up using it as my primary Go-to light around my home.

Still worth buying. Though clearly geared more for throw than flood.