How to identify an IED-(Improvised Explosive Device)

Empath

Flashaholic
Dan, I know it wasn't your intent for this thread to veer so far off topic of the forum, but it has lost relevance to homemade and flashlight mods. It has become politically oriented to the point that our CAFÉ forum is the only group available.

Marshall, even though you're new, I hope you can state your opinions and disagreements without ad hominem remarks. That may be the nature of Usenet and some other groups, and perhaps in those places in may be necessary for survival. It hasn't, however, been characteristic of CPF.

I'm moving it to THE CAFÉ

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Marshall, you have an interesting way of "not trying to personally attack Daniel"

If you don't like his posts, then I suggest you don't read them. But if you must read them and comment, I don't think it is necessary to make comments about the person posting in the way you have.
People here will form their own opinions of what people are like, based on how they post.

As Empath says, CPF has managed to stay a very civil forum, with very little in the way of flames and such. I hope we can stay this way.

Graham

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
Since there is very little for me to talk about in any form lately about Luxeons, how to get the best output, how to keep the bezel scratchfree, etc, etc and so on I felt it was worth a few minutes of my time to come back into the fold so to speak with something controversial.
So much has been happening while I was away at work, I see Lambda and Elektrolumens are becoming very popular and possibly wealthy.....BTW when do I get my 20 5 watters? (LOL)
Many many new members with the same old question "my LED won't light!" its like the old saying, the more things change the more they remane the same.
My work has been busy to say the least, 12+hour days 6 days a week building this multi million dollar concrete batch plant and also keeping the old one running. All the while occasionally delivering concrete like today.
I may soon be buying my Alaska winter supply of at least 500 Nichia white LEDs for those little AAA Brinkman Legends, and if I can get about 100 or so of those impulse drivers from Lambda with an order of those lambertian Luxeons those will go into the AA Brinkmannns.Meanwhile its about time to configure an approriate case for the 5 watters. My first guess will be the Garrity AA flashlight. I have a bunch of unopened ones plus still about 15 of those friggin long 3-AA Brinkmann Legends (NO they are not for sale, yet...)
The Garrity 2-AA though cheap looking and has a flimsy tailcap switch does have an interesting feature...remove the plastic battery tube and 123 or CR2 batteries will fit in it, actually 3-123's will fit just fine, add some resistance and voila` you have an instant 120 lumen 5 watt Luxeon flashlight in a 2=AA case.
So what else is new folks? I have only been lurking once or twice a week and have been missing a lot.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I think any shrink might tell you worrying about the sun going out is an indirect attempt to deal with, come to terms with, one's own mortality..
As for thinking about something alot of the time, that's hardly odd behavior around here, is it, flashaholics??
I thought home made-bombs always have at least two blue and green blinking LEDs...
and remember; you cut the red wire!...
rolleyes.gif
or was it the yellow
confused.gif
tongue.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
I shouldn't tell you this incase one of you is disarming it, but if I ever make a bomb (Oh wait, nevermind...I'll never make a bomb) I'm switching the wires! That's right
smile.gif
that way when they cut the RED wire (It's always the red) they'll have cut the wrong wire
grin.gif

Stoopid moovies.

Darell

Flashaholic
Originally posted by treek13:
Yep and you can only imagine how Darell and Saaby would react to such blasphemy.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Wow! Take a look at this Ryan: Remember back when you used to enjoy dishing trash at me for being such and Arc AAA cheerleader? Now we're being tossed into the same sentence. Sort of like co-cheerleaders! Yikes.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I almost thought I'd managed to slip that one be you, Darell. Oh well...
smile.gif

I was going to completely deny thinking of you and Saaby as co-cheerleaders until....
Originally posted by darell:
Did anybody yet mention that you should be carrying an Arc AAA? Yeah, I thought so.

Do it. Live it. Love it. You'll wonder how you EVER thought of the Solitaire as a flashlight.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">and.....
Originally posted by Saaby:
ARC AAA ARC AAA ARC AAA You need one. End of story. need
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmmmmmm
grin.gif
Well let's just call you two of Arc's most enthusiastic supporters, not that there is anything wrong with that!

Pat

DonL

Enlightened
Originally posted by Marshall Johnson:

We are not at war. No formal declaration of war was stated, therefore we are not at war. The "War on Terrorism" is beginning to seem like the "War on Drugs"- more political ammo than actual substance.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">IIRC, both Korea and Vietnam were supposed to be "police actions". We know how they turned out.

I'll agree with Graham that your way of "not" attacking someone is baffling. You claim you're not, and then state that Daniel is "off".

Regardless, as to the subject at hand, this is a new era in redefining security in the States. What was barely considered a year ago is not policy. What I fear much more than flashlight bombs is how many of our personal freedoms will be subjugated under the guise of "security".