Hurry up new Quarks!

scootle

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know if there is an option for a deeper-carry pocket clip for these? The default one sticks out way too much for EDC. Thanks!

scootle

Newly Enlightened
Prometheus is definitely quick to ship... wasn't exactly a cheap alteration, but this is much better now.

7S0JxlUm.jpg

I like the way the clips go on and have the knurled ring to lock them down. I just wish the default clip was the deep carry... and having a two-way S-shaped clip as another option would also be nice. For those who don't know what I mean, those are the clips that let you clip the light with the bezel facing either direction (e.g. clipped for use to the bill of a cap or similar).

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prometheus is definitely quick to ship... wasn't exactly a cheap alteration, but this is much better now.

I like the way the clips go on and have the knurled ring to lock them down. I just wish the default clip was the deep carry... and having a two-way S-shaped clip as another option would also be nice. For those who don't know what I mean, those are the clips that let you clip the light with the bezel facing either direction (e.g. clipped for use to the bill of a cap or similar).
All You need to do is swap the head and tailcap to reverse the clipping direction if that helps

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
New 2aa quark arrived today. Quite disappointed. Main issue is that it occasionally drops from max to low, but plenty of other gripes include loose driver board and perceived weak output. Waiting to see how CS wants to handle it but their return policy is t inspiring. Why is the customer on the hook for shipping back a defective product that slipped past QI?

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
New 2aa quark arrived today. Quite disappointed. Main issue is that it occasionally drops from max to low, but plenty of other gripes include loose driver board and perceived weak output. Waiting to see how CS wants to handle it but their return policy is t inspiring. Why is the customer on the hook for shipping back a defective product that slipped past QI?
Please speak directly with CS at [email protected] to resolve your Quarks issues. The policies You are quoting may not apply to your individual situation. Feel free to let us know how You make out.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please speak directly with CS at [email protected] to resolve your Quarks issues. The policies You are quoting may not apply to your individual situation. Feel free to let us know how You make out.

For anybody who is thinking about this, don't bother. They are blaming my use of eneloop cells for the problem. And I quote "...Earlier you were saying that you used eneloops there could be a issue there this can depend on one of the two cells. Some cells have an abnormally high internal resistance and falsely triggers the low battery warning. This happens with alkaline and also lithium disposable batteries. The QK2A is optimized to run specifically with the GP batteries we provide..."

And this is after MULTIPLE emails. I will be looking elsewhere next time.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
How are you charging your cells? Is it a charger that does 2 or 4 cells, where the charger does 2 cells on the same charge circuit? Or is it a charger that can charge 1 cell at a time and runs each cell on an independent charge circuit? How old are the eneloop cells you're using?
Clearly the eneloops could not have caused the driver board to be loose, but if one cell isn't charging all the way because they are unbalanced and your charger charges cells in pairs, that could be an issue, and yes, if the internal resistance of one or both cells is high enough, you will have issues with the voltage dropping sharply under the amp load of running turbo.
What about the GP cells that came with the light? Are you experiencing the same issue with those cells as well?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a Nitecore D2 charger. I didn't include much of our correspondence but I did discuss how the problem was with both the GP and the Eneloop cells as well as the fact they were fully charged. All cells are reasonably fresh to brand new. As for the driver board, its not just loose but unsecured by design, and they confirmed that as well in our emails. I have some other complaints about the light but basically its NOT a $70 flashlight and the company does not offer customer service on par with others at half that price.

Lesson learned. I will be avoiding Premetheus/foursevens from here on.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
They make no secret of the driver being unsecured. If you read the information the company provides on the product page, this fact is advertised as a feature that enables users to modify the light at will. As a consequence, the loose driver board isn't actually difficult to solve. It screws in. If you can install a lightbulb, you can fix the driver board.
I'm curious what your "other complaints" are about the light.
I personally own a QK2A MKIII and I can attest that the light is quite good and functions exactly as advertised. I can also assure you that it IS easily a $70 light, and that price is actually very reasonable considering all of the features put into the light. When compared side by side to other lights costing several times as much money, it holds its ground quite well, and performs fantastically. When compared to lights in similar price ranges, like Surefire or StreamLight, this light is head and shoulders above the competition particularly in the categories of tint and color rendering.
Also, my, and many others experiences with Prometheus customer service have been nothing but positive. If you're nice, they're nice. If you're aggressive, condescending, insulting, etc., they respond in kind.

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
I was wanting to order a quark and saw on the site the preorder is gone. Does that mean there in stock ready to shio?
thanks

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
Thanks
just wanted to make sure i didn't have to wait a month.
this will make my 8th quark but first darks sucks version

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wanting to order a quark and saw on the site the preorder is gone. Does that mean there in stock ready to shio?
thanks

They're in stock and currently on sale. darksucks.com :thumbsup:

Thanks
just wanted to make sure i didn't have to wait a month.
this will make my 8th quark but first darks sucks version
Thanks CG ;)
I could not get on yesterday due to CPF Server attacks, and saw the email update.

Quarks are on Holiday sale right now.
The Pre-Order Quark sales have finished and shipped, the remainder are up and in stock :).
GL

Ad_

Newly Enlightened
I have contacted support about it, but haven't been able to resolve these issues (I've checked that everything is tightened, the threads & contacts are clean, battery is fine, I know I'm not doing anything incorrectly because it did initially work as it should and I didn't have any trouble changing modes/configuration/accessing burst mode then). So it looks like it will have to be returned :(

To follow up on this, I returned my QK16L and was sent a replacement, which I've now had for over a month. I've been using it daily since it arrived and it has been working great so far :) The only odd thing I've noticed is that it flickers slightly when it's running in low mode, but it isn't noticeable in use.

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
I finally got one and really like it. I prefer the old pocket clips myself and i also bought a deep carry clip and not fond of it but i do love the tail cap extender that came with it. May order another one and swap the led for a 4000k sst-20 though, i am more of a 4000k guy these days but the 5000k in this light is nice also