i give up on this world its no good

Illum

Flashaholic
Ive been much happier since the pulling the plug on news, storm stories, reality shows, and ESPN.

installed a DVD player, a new LCD 30" and a couple dozen National geographic collections....

Now im addicted to this...

China's communist regime once banned the "bad news" on radio before the tv was out...in hope of eliminating any uprising, they broadcasted only the good news...and when there isnt anything to bring up, they made up things "the association of agricultral in **** villiage have discovered a 225 kilo potato...", etc...

dunno, thought of it as a very funny part of communism's history...

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Raggs,

Many CPFers think of the other members as their friends, or even their family. Just by joining this great community, we've all made 100s of friends all over the world. All this friendship, caused by a simple thing like a passion for flashlights, makes me think that this world isn't such a bad place after all.

Raggie, I added you to my CPF buddy list, as a sign of friendship, friendship is like a flashlight, it brightens up dark things....

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie I would like to give you one key word to always remember. Balance. The universe works on balance my friend. If the gravitation of the sun wasn't balanced by distance, and mass, all the planets would crash into it. You can't have an up without a down. A left without a right. A top without a bottom. Or good without bad. Everything in this life is about balance, even if you don't always see it. The one phenonomen that struggles everyday to disprove this is the media. :touche:

Remember "Balance". Without balance we would have to much gravity, and all get sucked into the toilet bowl.

Cheers
:sold:

Luna

Enlightened
raggie33 said:
everytime i watch the news i just shake my head then i see this .i thought to self i cant change this crappy world i am so sad to see this stuff and then here on cpf everyone is sad and things happen to em that are so sad and i cant do anything to help so i give up
http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/us/2006/05/20/chruch.puppies.rescued.affl

This world is just a prepatory one for a better one. If you truly embrace this, you will endure. If you don't believe this, then yes, it all seems futile.

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
Words to live by Jeff, great post. I agree with all who noted that the pedantic media circus panders to the mob with the worst news they can find. Very little good gets mention and there is a LOT of good being done every day and everywhere - we just don't hear of it.

God bless us all, Cliff

richpalm

Banned
I haven't been around here for quite a while, but I've been lurking and just found this thread. Rags, I always enjoy your posts! Rest assured I've been reading them!

I have major anxiety/depression with other psych symptoms that got much worse after I lost my last job in 2004. Probably shouldn't've said that but what the hell.... anyway, I wound up on permanent disability and my work days are over. This is why I disappeared from CPF after we moved to Pa. in September of 04.... that, and no money. Not a sob story, :eek: just the facts of the situation.

For me, due to the depression, I disconnected the $$$$ electronic sewer in the living room and quit getting the newspaper. I've been much better off. Having ADHD I can't concentrate through all the damned moronic commercials anyway. Good fracking riddance!! The media is all lies, in bed with the gov't. anyway. There are those that'd think I'm retreating from the world... I am some, I guess but I can keep up via the web if I choose. We'll just rent a movie when we want to watch something.

Therapy for me is gardening and my animals... without this crew...

DSC02625_640.jpg

...I don't think I'd have much of a chance.

Central Pa. is beautiful, everything grows like crazy, and the flashlight need is very acute out here. Some of the roads are bloody dark and you can't see your hand in front of your face!

Good thread!

Rich

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Raggie, one of the good things in this world is that there are people like you. I'll bet that you don't realize that. You're bright, thoughtful and you have such a good heart. There should be more Raggies in this world.

Safe :grouphug: 's

pw

Latest posts