I have an SF C3, how do I get the most light possible out of it?

kuraki

Newly Enlightened
I can bore the body out to 18mm no problem for lithium cells. Right now I'm looking at an Oveready H1 Triple and running it with two 18500s. The cool is out of stock however. I understand the cool 1600L and neutral 1100L ratings are calculated numbers, is there an actual 30% difference in the amount of light these will emit?

Is there another better/brighter option for my C3 host? My only real conditions are that I would prefer a HIGH only mode type, and a P60 drop in.

Thanks.

Vesper

Enlightened
The cool white will definitely be a bit brighter, and nope, you won't get much brighter than that in a drop-in for your C3. Might be worth the wait - they may have more in soon. You should shoot them an email and see when more will be available. If it's a light that can sear retinas, this is the right drop-in. I've been tempted myself for that 1 level "bump in the night" outside light. The thing will get super hot fast though.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Sorry, only made a few H1's as part of the last run to see if there is demand (there is). It will take until perhaps November to have more ready to go.

Yes, the output difference is that dramatic. Think of 3 layers, each contributing about 200 lumens (across three emitters) to the XPG2's performance:

Nichia is not as good at efficiency as the XPG - 200
The XPG2 is even better - 200
And they are cool, so less phosphor to reduce output - 200

1100+200+200+200 (Triple XPG2 H's are closer to 1700)

Last edited:

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an older Triple XPG 1000 lumen neutral Oveready triple in my bored 9P (running 2x 18500)
Its a monster - my favorite EDC light (in a Ripoffs holster) - it pushes out a nice wide wall of light, the beam profile is much like the old LuxV SF L4 - but with a lot more light - it doesnt throw far - maybe 150-200 feet - but you can see everything in that distance

Electronguru and the rest of the crew at Oveready are great to deal with too

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Potentially, but let me add one other note.

Nichia and CREE used a rating based on a junction temp of 25C. The XPG2 is rated by CREE at a new junction temp of 85C. Rather than having two scales, our 1600 value is based on the same old/25C scale as the XPG, etc. We are working on an OTF testing capability, improving our accuracy, uniformity and comparability.

kuraki

Newly Enlightened
Thank you very much for the replies. I can wait if I have to. Is it possible to back order? Or do I need to make oveready my new home page to stay on top of "in stock" notification? ;)

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about Throw? I've seen some modders with XPG2 seeing 50% increases in Lux. The results I've seen are all for reflector lights, but what do you think about optics? I liked the triple, but have started using the XML, 4.8 Amp, P60 (soldered to copper) because it blows the triple away in throw. And it's no slouch in output at 1400+OTE. If the XPG2 shows the big lux increase the reflector lights are getting I'm interested.

Last edited:

Latest posts