I just received a brand new Surefire G2 Nitrolon with the crosshairs

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
so I just got a G2 Nitrolon in yellow (G2-YL) direct from Amazon and it's got the P60 lamp and the latest design of Surefire's CR123s, but the body has the crosshairs logo. I thought Surefire stopped making the crosshairs stuff a long time ago, is that incorrect?

it had the latest design of the retail packaging that it came in, but it looks like Surefire is clearing out old stock or something if I had to guess. Am I correct? I'm not disappointed in the slightest or anything, by the way. It's pretty cool IMO!

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its funny, but those were selling for around $ 30 a few years ago, sort of like close outs. Now they want double that, and I can sort of see it, as I am starting to think about buying an incan light for some applications.

I am not sure if I can go back to 60 lumens though - that might be tough.

RIX TUX

Enlightened
The new models aren't tactical friendly. No dual springs. But SF calls them "TACTICAL" but with a footnote in small print on the back......"not for tactical use"
Older ones have dual springs but need a led drop in.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
The G2 and the 6P are both still in production. The G2X is not a replacement any more than the G2L, it's just another (poor IMO) option.

Last edited:

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new models aren't tactical friendly. No dual springs. But SF calls them "TACTICAL" but with a footnote in small print on the back......"not for tactical use"
Older ones have dual springs but need a led drop in.

The new model that replaced the g2. The g2x.

The original G2X did not have a spring at the head but its tactical version was still suitable for the hand-held "tactical" use it was designed for. The footnote on the packaging of the ones I own states they are "Not for weapon-mounted applications."

The latest versions of the G2X, as with the members of the 6PX family, have a spring at the head making this a moot issue.

All that aside, the old G2 is a great weapon mount host for a suitable LED drop-in. I'm glad SureFire is continuing to produce them.