I love my SureFire E2L!

NAW

Enlightened
Many of Surefires LED lights have a combination of throw & flood.

If you want something that can really & I mean really throw & decent flood you may want to look at other manufactureres LED lights.

If you want to to stick with Surefire lights, I'd reccomend the U2. It can slightly throw farther the the E2L and has a much bigger beam. The only problem with the U2, L5, etc is that theres a good chance they will come with a "donut" beam. Meaning the beam will look like a donut (no joke). It can be a real hinderance to look at.

carrot

Flashaholic
Strobing the light will not affect its lifespan as it is LED. The tailcap rubber boot can be replaced by purchasing a new tailcap online or at Surefire customer support's discretion.

When Surefire releases the new KX2 head using the Cree XR-E LED you may want to purchase it as it adds a considerable amount of runtime, but it may take a few months for Surefire to get around to doing so.

Enjoy your E2L!

FAAbUlights

Newly Enlightened
TheEconomist said:
oh - also, as for the L4, I didn't realize it was more of a floodlight.

Which SureFire is a 100 lumen pin-spot style LED flashlight?

Surefire doesn't make very tight beamed LED models because it would take away from the tactical aspect of the light. The farthest throwing LED's would be the ones with the focusing lens such as your E2L or an L1 or KROMA.

However, the 2007 L5 has been redesigned and uses a much larger focusing lens with a new Cree LED rated at 120 lumens. I have not yet seen the beam of this light but I would guess it will probably be the farthest throwing LED that Surefire has made. The lens is much bigger than the KL1 and I am not sure how it compares to that of the KROMA wich uses a larger focusing lens (larger is for better throw) but the KROMA is not rated at 120 lumens. I would wait to see what this light would have to offer if you want to stick with a Surefire.