i may have to go away

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, glad you are feeling better. Hang in there and keep those meds sorted out so you can stay with us.

Hey, smokinbasser: Remembering if you took your meds is a very common problem that we can all relate to and there are some simple products available that can help. I'm thinking of those pill boxes that have different compartments for each day of the week and/or each time of day that you need meds. Those can help a lot, and there are some that beep to remind you.

Good luck guys, and stay healthy!

matt_j

Enlightened
Common findings for my patients that are Emotionaly Disturbed or just don't feel well are:

-They stopped taking their meds becasue they felt better
-They don't remeber if they took their meds so they do it again (or don't) and that causes problems.
-New medicine. Common side effects are mistaken for allergic reaction. Or dosage is not being set right so the person has an adverse reaction.

It's hard to take meds on time and be good with them especialy if side effects really make you feel horrible. You just have to remeber it is for your benefit and in the long run it will work out.

Matt

raggie33

*the raggedier*
them meds ahard for me.evebn if dr takes 20 minutes expalining em to me i still screw up she even rights it on every bottle for me.

matt_j

Enlightened
I know that sometimes doc will start using "official" language and it makes it hard to understand. Finally after two years I can roughly figured out what my patients are taking but if there is somethign I don't know I look it up on the internet. Brochures from the manufactures have to be written in plain english where you don't need a phramacology degree to understand.

What you need to nail is dosage. Perfect solution is creating a laminated card that list all your meds and how should you take them. This is beneficial for you but alss it is beneficial for the EMS crews and docs who can look at your current med coctail and evaluate or provide treatment faster.

Matt

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
eebowler said:
Glad that you didn't have to go to that place you hate. (I'm almost 100% sure that it is because they don't allow flashlights there;))
I wish you all the best in health.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flashaholic's definition of hell -

- All the high-end flashlights and spotlights you could ever want.

- No batteries.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Knowing CPF, there would be a massive effort to push forward development of hampster-in-a-wheel power sources.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i hate it there so much .they treat us kind of bad its state run i think .i just try to listen to them and ask dr every day if i can go home.ive seen stuff there that you wont believe some of them people are very vilonet.im a very pasive guy even when im not well.most the counclers there like me sadly they know me by name but thats is life

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Sometimes life offers us a moment to step back and count out blessings. When we see others who are in such obvious pain, either physical or emotional, it gives us a little sense of perspective.

Raggie, you're a bright person. You have a great deal of computer knowledge. You also have a gift for storytelling that I think you should build upon and use to your advantage. You might be cut out to be a novelist; keep those stories coming and think about winding some of them into a longer, unified yarn.

They say that great novelists, humorists and songwriters know what it's like to grow up with pain. It's this knowledge of the pain, the searing heat that can anneal your soul and give you the strength to rise above it, ultimately to tell the world about it through the experience of storytelling.

Latest posts