i will never be right in head

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Raggie, I'm no therapist but being afraid of people is something that can be helped by increasing your socialization a little bit at a time. Baby steps. You're already socializing with us here and doing a great job of it... ya just gotta transfer some of those skills to the outside world. You don't have to do it today, but the news is that it's do-able. It's just ordinary desensitization.

Think it over. You could start by helping out at a community computing center once in awhile. With your skills you'd be a hero there, and not only could you teach others, but it would grease the skids in terms of desensitizing yourself around other people.

admedeus

Newly Enlightened
Whatever you do, don't give up. My wife and I battled her depression, anxiety and schizophrenia for 9 years. We tried all the different medicines and finally, different doctors, even good doctors don't always know the best plan of action. We eventually found a doctor who cared and had enough knowledge to determine the exact combination of meds that worked. I cannot begin to tell what a huge difference it made in how she felt. Anyone who truly loves their spouse will tell you that it's better to know they are feeling good than feeling good yourself. I am so thankful she never gave up, cause it made the last few years of her life the best she's ever known, in spite of the Hep C and other health problems.

Don't be afaid to check with another doc. A good doctor won't be bothered by this at all and a doctor who is bothered by a second opinion or consult is probably not looking out for your best interest.

Hang In There
David

cognitivefun

Enlightened
I got stressed out and in pain maybe 3 years ago. It was an alarm signal telling me that I had some issues that I had to deal with. Without the pain we don't do this stuff.

I found "the work." It works like this. You fill out a worksheet where you judge something, write your feelings about it. That stops your thoughts by committing them on paper.

Then you ask questions on each judgment and sit with them and listen to the answers.

The core of it helps you learn that your thoughts just happen. You can't believe what you think. It's those thoughts that cause you pain, and how do you not believe a thought? You question it. When you question your thought you are not just believing it.

Find out more at www.thework.org

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't give up raggie we need you! If my new son grows up to be the man you are I would be very happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well ty everyone im better now just was shocked that i been on every med and im still not right

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, genetics suck. Does anybody else in your family suffer from depression or symptoms similar to yours? I use to suffer from panic attacks in a very bad way which rendered me useless, and they run in my family, the mother's side. The only thing that gave me any hope at all was my sister promising me it would get better as I got older and it did. I feel that the cause of my panic attacks and perhaps the mental challenges you've faced as well are just stupid chemical imbalances in the brain in which they haven't exactly discovered the root cause of yet. For myself, my body did not handle the anti-depressents at the time including such ones as imipramine and a brand new drug just released called Prozac. I would get headachy and dizzy like I had the flu before reaching maximum dosage. The only thing that gave relief was valium and related sedatives and I tried only to take them when I was in the worst of ways as I didn't want to get addicted.

Anyhow perhaps your mental challenges will get easier for you as you age.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Research into psychotropic meds is going on constantly. No matter how bad your problem is the chances of it getting better increase year by year.

Brightnorm

cognitivefun

Enlightened
If you are not right in the head, and you are totally happy that way, it there a problem?

Your challenge isn't getting right in the head. Your challenge is getting right with how your head is.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Raggie,

I simply wanted to post to make sure that you know how much I, and others here at the CPF, truly value and appreciate you!

I hope You have a Great Weekend,
John

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Raggie,

Nobody is right in the head else everybody would be identical [except you]. We all have our own quirks, fears, depression, OCD, or other wierdness.

It's all just a matter of degree. Keep taking the meds and keep in mind that most of the worlds greatest minds had their own limitations: read up on Albert Einstein, Nikola Telsa and Stephen Hawkins. Your strength's are somebody elses weaknesses and visa-versa.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Well said, FlashlightOCD. See Raggie, you're in good company. I've personally known a couple of people who were considered to be "off" by most peoples' standards yet they were absolutely creative genuises.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
thank yuo everyone im better today just got frustrated .i once saw a movie 9i like a lot about john nash he had skitophenia but won the nobel peace price.not many people won it.very good movie

COMSEUR

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Sixpointone said:
Raggie,

I simply wanted to post to make sure that you know how much I, and others here at the CPF, truly value and appreciate you!

I hope You have a Great Weekend,
John

[/ QUOTE ]

what John said.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not on any meds, but I can say that I have bad days too, that no medications can fix. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif
Personally, I think your meds have mostly been doing good so far from where I can see from here.
If you have a bad day once in a while and can pull through, trust me, you are as right in the head as anyone else I know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Anytime something does go bad, let us know and we are always happy to help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
>i been on every med thats out my dr told me i spent so
>much money on this. and im still messed up in head

There is no magic pill that you can take and it will make you "right in the head". You use them to push yourself into a space where you can take care of business and maintain function.

richpalm

Banned
Rags, I had to chime in here. Been a long time since I've been here due to my depression. Believe me, I know how you feel. I am in Pa. now and couldn't find a job for lookin.' I finally said the hell with it and applied for disability. I should have done it years ago with the social and job problems I've had.

With no job-no lights, so I bailed out and stayed away from BST 'cause seeing all that stuff would trigger more depression. You know what I'm talking about, I know.

I probably shouldn't put this in a public forum but so what... I have major depression, ADHD and bipolar II disorder. I am and have been on a slew of meds, still never feel "centered," have been misdiagnosed numerous times, had 8-9 hospital stays, can't get out of bed some days, plus, try to get these doctors to listen to you. No one wants to address the ADHD and part of not being here is I can't concentrate long enough to type!! So believe me, I know right where you're at.

This is where I've been:
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=4208 .
Go take a look. That's what keeps my head above water right now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif And without my animals, I'd really *would* go insane. They are my primary therapists.

With my diagnoses, sometimes I just make it a joke and say, "ahhh. I'm just f**cked up!" Then we both laugh.

God bless my wife for living with me... any other woman would've booted me years ago.

Rich

Latest posts