ICR Samsung 30Q ?

BGater

Enlightened
Just bought some Samsung 30Qs from a walk-in flashlight and knife shop. When I got home I peeled off the white decal and printed on the cell is ICR18650-30Q Samsung SDI 136 . Im no battery expert and thought all 30Qs were INR ? These cells are also testing far below the 3000 mAh. At 0.5 amp im getting 2490's and at 1.0 amp low 2400's. They are flat top, 3 prong and look very nice. I just cant find anything on this cell and have no idea if they are in fact a 15 amp cell. I have not peeled off the wrapper to see whats printed on the can. Im now running a discharge test on my hobby charger at 0.2 amp down to 2.5 volts. Im guessing they still wont make 3000. Im probably missing something, any information would be greatly appreciated.

john61ct

Newly Enlightened
Genuine 30Q are NCA chemistry

INR and NCR are basically marketing labels for model names,

can be used by different makers for a variety of true chemistry names.

Counterfeits are very common when people buy based on low prices.

BGater

Enlightened
I peeled the pink wrapper, C25R J9QB1 . I think that "2" should be a zero for a 30Q ? The local shop I bought these from sells Olight and Fenix and they also sell higher end knives like Chris Reeve, Medford, Tops, ect. so I thought they were real 30Q. Paid $5.50 each, which doesnt mean anything I guess.

Last edited:

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
You got fakes. The product label for Samsung 30Q should read
INR18650-30Q
SAMSUNG SDI

The last number might be different, but the product name should definitely say INR.

Also, base on your capacity testing, they're probably low-drain 2600mAh cells. Fake! Fake! Fake!
They might be something like Samsung ICR18650-26F. But, I wouldn't assume they're anything more than dangerous Chinese fakes.

BGater

Enlightened
I agree, not going to use these or do any further testing. Im going to contact the store where I got these and let them know whats going on. I also contacted Mooch, he suggested not using them.

Latest posts