If Money Was Not A Concern . . . . . .

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
If money was not a concern, after a week or so life will be so boring you'd envy your friends

If money was not a concern, after a week or so life will be so boring you'd envy your friends

That's a pretty generic statement. You've obviously read a lot into my OP that isn't there. Furthermore, I think it would depend entirely on how one came about "enough money". I would agree with your statement if the money was gained without effort; say from a lottery. However, I totally disagree one's life would be so boring he or she would envy their friends after any amount of time had passed when they had worked four decades to earn "enough money".

~ Chance

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a pretty generic statement. You've obviously read a lot into my OP that isn't there. Furthermore, I think it would depend entirely on how one came about "enough money". I would agree with your statement if the money was gained without effort; say from a lottery. However, I totally disagree one's life would be so boring he or she would envy their friends after any amount of time had passed when they had worked four decades to earn "enough money".

~ Chance

Oh, I was answering from the point-of-view of person asked by a hypothetical, generic question....as your MAIN title says "[h=2]If Money Was Not A Concern . . . . . .[/h]
...and not the 'what would you collect' question in the post proper

Oh, I was answering from the point-of-view of person asked by a hypothetical, generic question....as your MAIN title says "If Money Was Not A Concern . . . . . .

...and not the 'what would you collect' question in the post proper

Oh, I see the problem. You've a short attention span. Pity.

~ Chance

EDIT: I apologize for the snarky retort. It was typed while under the influence of irritation and a screwdriver. I know better.

While not being ample reason for my lack of judgment, I do wish members would refrain from posting rather than fulfilling their need to inform everyone how better adjusted they are than those of us that were enjoying a thread where we could share our dream collections. Please guys, just move along.

Last edited:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
:wave: EDDIE! How you doing, Crazy?

~ CG

Hey Chance,
Sorry it took 4 days to reply....obviously I am moving a little slower than usual. The good news is that even though I destroyed the 25 year artificial knee in less than 5 years, there is hope-the titanium part that attaches to the thigh bone(femur), was still intact so they did not have to chisel 100% of the old prosthesis away. The aspect where polyurethane plastic meets between the bone was entirely shredded so it was titanium on titanium-there is now about 2 inches between femur & tibia(the X-ray looks really strange). Anyway, I finally made it over the crest and am finally feeling like I am on the mend. I just bought a brass "Reylight" and have a Titanium host enroute. He really does some great work. I also had trouble resisting the DTO Penlight from Four Sevens(only $20).....I have been going through "Flashlight Ordering Withdrawal Syndrome"...I sit and stare out the window watching as the postman drops off envelopes with no packages [emoji403][emoji22][emoji26]☹️....I confess I did buy some knives and electronics though.......

Ha ha! It's good for a man to have a hobby. I'm glad you have something you enjoy while you pass the time healing. Saw your new scar. WOW! Not what I'd describe as micro-surgery. :shakehead

Perhaps your new knee should have a burst mode. One that would step-down when you were overloading it.

~ Chance

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is certainly a risk for some people. It does make me admire folks like Bill Gates who've managed to think critically about what to do with an enormous fortune and how to use it to help humanity. I have to admire him for that, despite my antipathy for him for the various ways that Microsoft Windows has tortured me in the past. :)

a kangaroo who knows karate

Never mess with a kangaroo that knows karate.

~ Chance

vEil0MU.jpg

Burgess

Flashaholic
Interesting question !

I've always been a fan of old / classic cars
(and trucks).

And always thought the BEST way of
"preserving" these would be inside
a container or room with a Pure Nitrogen
atmosphere. To best limit any degradation
caused by Oxygen.