If there could be only one Malkoff ?

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
Is this true for all currently produced 91's? I stayed away from them as I always thought they were mutli cell dropins.

Has there been any other driver updates?

NH Lumens

Enlightened
MD2, M361 with high/low switch, 18650. Six output settings, super-long runtime on lower settings, 400+ lumens on high with decent throw and spill, can be run on a pair of commonly-available CR123A batteries, fits in a pocket.

edc-9.jpg

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Is this true for all currently produced 91's? I stayed away from them as I always thought they were mutli cell dropins.

Has there been any other driver updates?

When I got ahold of gene when we first found out about this he said they went to a new driver about 2 years ago. So all the 91's for the last few years should behave like this. My 91B is idk 9 months old and works down to 3 volts. But yep I stayed away from the 91 because I couldn't use it with a single 18650. So all good news. You won't get full output under 5 volts but on a 18650 it's dam close. And the fact that you can run it off 2XAA is icing on the cake

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
It doesn't make it easy when you love everything the guy makes😁

Yes but everyone always has a favorite child;) even when we love them all.

I'd do an hd 18650....or mdc 16650... Or an m351n/nichia with h/l.

Depending on actual situation, if we were without power for days or stranded while camping, etc...hd 18650 should offer all the light needed for the time needed. Use high if needed, otherwise low would be plenty of light for most everything with good runtime.

Too many possibilities