If you were going to buy 25 co-workers a light, what would it be?

Spin

Enlightened
I would get them a RR 2XAAA light. $10 per light. Light weight, good runtime, easy to operate & uses readily available inexpensive batteries

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
KDog, what a super kinda guy you are!

There are some great suggestions here, and I particularly like the Princeton Tec Rage (incan) idea.

In addition, also consider the tough little PTec Attitude 4 X AAA (LED). It's often discounted to the $12-15 range, and I suspect your bulk-buy deal might help the price, too.

Fellow CPFer Sigman had a long-running deal on a buncha PT Attitudes (in the older body style -- which many prefer), so maybe he could point you in the right direction.

owenbright

Newly Enlightened
I also like the photonlight idea. Easy enough for them to put it on their keychain and
not worry about it, and it's very useful.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only useful light is one you have on you. Non flashaholics might leave the bigger lights at home and get caught in the dark. So get the TM-310H 1AAA instead of the RR 2AAA.
The UK 2AAA eLED is flat, fits easily into a pocket, 20 hour runtime, and has a keychain lug onthe front so it is always with your keys. I have one on my keychain. But it's $50 over your budget and dim by todays standard. Your linemates will notice their photon clones are brighter.
Another option is to give a BUNCH of photon clones per future co-worker so they can light up their family and friends.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there such a thing as beamshots for that Photon X-light?

Sigman suggested a MM with the SMJLED thingie in it. That looks like a good idea as well.

C4LED

Enlightened
I agree with the RR 2xAAA 0.5W light (from Target) at $10 each (same as Nuwai TM-311H) suggestion.

The pocket clip would be very useful for this type of work.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
is there such a thing as beamshots for that Photon X-light?

KDOG3: I have done Review, You might be interested in seeing.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/114854

You wont be dissapointed on these ones. Since they are around $7 I believe (if you buy in quantity).. PhotonLight is member here... may you could PM him and try for a deal. they already have some quantity discount.

Good thing is that it has Nichia NSPW500 CS .. that's 2 times Old LED's :)

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
KevinL is blowing out his keylights and Picolights, there you go! You could attach a few to the machines at key points, as well as handing them out, at those prices.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems all the low light options have been covered, so I'll throw in one that's brighter that you might be able to fit into your price range...
Contact Dae and see what kind of discount you can get for a bulk purchase of Ultrafire WF-602As. Shipping's included and it won't be too far off from your $12ea. estimate. Nice, bright 1W power in a slim, attractive form-factor that takes normal batteries (and will probably work with e2 AAs).

DaveT

Enlightened
I would go along with the recommendations for the Photon Freedom. Fits your budget (just), and is a great next step up for folks who've had their hands on the Photon knockoffs. It has a fantastic UI, is very handy, double the brightness of the ones they already have, and shares the same batteries. You might also buy a stack of CR2016s while you're at it, since most folks won't bother to get more batteries themselves. Also, another recommendation for buying from BrightGuy - very good to deal with.
Dave