Incan recommendation please

nmaynan

Newly Enlightened
Hey, can you guys recommend an EDC for me (pocket or belt holster carry)?

$200 or less.

Incan that has good throw but some flood for outdoors navigation and spotting.

1 or 2 lithium batteries at most. Preferably one battery, but I want the light to be at least around 5 inches long +/- a little for comfort of constant on navigation holding (so might have to be 2 batteries).

very reliable for disasters: either it puts out less light all the time but still enough for good navigation/spotting light OR it puts out a lot of light normally but if it fails or dies down, I'd like it to put out some minimal light for several more hours if possible, just to prevent pitch blackness.

schrenz

Enlightened
I agree with firebladz: A M2 or C2, or if your pockets are big enough, take a C3 with a M2 head (smaller than a M3), then you have a throw enough for rather all purposes.

carrot

Flashaholic
SurefireA2. Dual light levels, fits into a pocket easily, and low is often bright enough for walking around.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
The M2 is a great flashlight.

Surefire makes one that is more resistant to damage, except for the finish, since it's Type II anodized instead of HA III. I'm thinking of the 6BL (6 volt baton light).

The 6BL body has a thicker sidewall, and a shoulder which keeps the mass of the battery from moving toward the lamp assembly (P60 or P61). The lamp assembly is in a thick walled shock isolated bezel, with a Lexan lens. I put a Z49 tail cap on mine. The standard tail cap is used to attach the flashlight to a baton. This is probably the toughest hand held Surefire there is. The 3BL might be tougher, since there is only one battery. You can buy the battery stick for the 6BL (two CR123A batteries), used with weapon lights. These baton lights are built like battleships.

oldgrandpajack

PS: I believe Surefire still has the 6BL in stock. Call Surefire Customer Service.

PPS: Put a KL3 on it, for longer runtimes. Get a beamshaper, if using the new KL3.

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
SF A2.
Regulated incan, beautifully white.
Low LED beam ... very versatile AND contionues when the incan is dead or batteries are nearing their end of life.
A great light.
bernie

Illum

Flashaholic
bad knack for recommendating things...

one things for sure, "two is one and one is none" if your planning to EDC something, EDC more than one light, and bring spare cells