Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my Olight S2. Not a bad light, I can't wait until it's dark out to really test the little thing. It's also a bit glitchy. Everything works just fine unless it ends up in what I'm going to call flicker mode. It doesn't happen often but when it does the light kinda flickers and it won't change settings without shutting it off first. Not a deal breaker, just annoying.
It should not do that. My S2 Baton does no such thing. What battery are you using? Polarity insertion is correct? Contact areas clean? battery charged? What is happening right before flicker mode occurs?

biggman15

Newly Enlightened
The battery is an Orbtronic 3100mah protected 18650. Fully charged. Inserted correctly which looks backwards. It looks clean.

It happens while I'm changing modes. Then in one of the middle modes it will blink off momentarily before coming back at the same brightness before blinking. And will be kinda flickering. It's only done it 3 times since I got to work today.

I have a brand new Olight branded battery on the charger at home waiting for me. Bought it with the light. Planning to test it later.

jalano1222

Newly Enlightened
A surprise package from a good Friend !

What's inside this box?

725eff354c101b8676c9ffa6ad13526a.jpg

stubbys

Newly Enlightened
Ive got a 15 quid, red convoy s2 on the way 8*7135 with the neutral white. Also got an £8 xtar 2 battery charger and also paid £9 for 2 x samsang 25r 18650 batteries.

Other than my lenser this will be my first dabble in the flashlight world, next month on pay day, itll either be an olight s2 or just read the review on the Nitecore mh20gt.

ven

Flashaholic
Ive got a 15 quid, red convoy s2 on the way 8*7135 with the neutral white. Also got an £8 xtar 2 battery charger and also paid £9 for 2 x samsang 25r 18650 batteries.

Other than my lenser this will be my first dabble in the flashlight world, next month on pay day, itll either be an olight s2 or just read the review on the Nitecore mh20gt.

Congrats, great flashlight and a nice NW flavour too. From your purchases i can see you have done your homework, the good old 25R's are still a well used/liked cell of mine. I see a soon to be fav light, simple UI and a nice useful beam OTF.

stubbys

Newly Enlightened
Congrats, great flashlight and a nice NW flavour too. From your purchases i can see you have done your homework, the good old 25R's are still a well used/liked cell of mine. I see a soon to be fav light, simple UI and a nice useful beam OTF.
Yeh been doing a lot of reading, chicken drumstick gave me a few pointers.
Nice collection you have there.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great way to start! But be warned don't come here to much or you will find that your collection will grow exponentially!

stubbys

Newly Enlightened
Great way to start! But be warned don't come here to much or you will find that your collection will grow exponentially!
Yeh i know, i might have to start cave exploring or whatever its called, so i have a legitimate reason [emoji2]

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Good question, but not for this thread. Go ahead and start your own thread in Recommend me a light for......thread.

Bill

Skeeterg

Enlightened
Is there more info somewhere about that light on top of pic? I am sure it's a very rare custom light. Very sweet. TIA
I ordered the Manner PL10

Avant Ti
Thanks Ray

*6/4 titanium shell
*Brushed finish
*Three mode slider switch Please click here for video
*5mAh low, 80mAh medium, 350mAh high
*Choice of Cree XP-G2, XP-L, Nichia 219 LEDs
*Tight and wide optic for XP-G2 and Nichia 219, mule for XP-L
*Scratch resistant sapphire window
*Built in 350mAh lithium polymer cell
*Built in charging via micro USB, red indicator for charging, yellow indicator for charged
*Water resistant
*Integrated pocket clip
*5 locator vials in total, custom installations also available

HDTVsportsfan

Newly Enlightened
Good question, but not for this thread. Go ahead and start your own thread in Recommend me a light for......thread.

Bill

Oh snap...sorry....new to the board. Actually.....I thought I posted this question under the "flashlights" forum.

Anyway....thx Bull.

Edit: Wait....I am in the flashlight forum LOL,,,, *grunt*....been one of those days.