Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am currently doing some extensive hiking and have chosen, from 50+ lights I own, Acebeam EC60vn. That's Vinh's mod of that XHP35, 26650 light. 1785 lumen, 103k lux, 5000K color temp. Weighs just under 8 ounces incl. battery. I'm using Shockli 5500mAh battery & one spare. This is in addition to my headlamp.

It provides a lot of light & throw for its size while having plenty of battery life. I can recharge only once every 7-10 days. The slightly warm neutral tint works well in the forest.

The narrow and deep reflector of the EC60 probably wouldn't do it for me. Those types of reflectors make for narrow spill widths, and the hotspot gets smaller with larger corona around it. If you have a complementary floody headlamp then it's not such a big deal, but over time I've come to learn that I don't like headlamps so much for hiking. I like to be able to aim the light if there's other people around me, and less glare around my eyes with a handheld.

I have a catapult V6 in 5k and it's nice! Very similar numbers to the EC60vn but with a beam profile more to my liking. The 1x26650 form factor is just so nice for hiking.

ven

Flashaholic
A hi/low ring thanks to P:rock:
Today a brand new olight h2r from olight UK , big thanks to Laura who was excellent in every way, communication, quick response and as it was "not fixable" a new h2r! . My confidence in olight has gone up, where has zebralight gone down................Lots of tit for tat back and forth, $15 to send off with it and $15 postage, weeks to more than likely a month wait. They could not swap a modern LED in, so spending $30 on a potential none fix(been sent previously and same fault with intermittent on/off, wont turn on, wont turn off, ramp gets funky when hold through the L/M/H. in short unpredictable which =useless for any use). But if i order a new one, i get 2 free vtc6 cells................no thanks! Its an old head lamp anyway, so no deal. Would just have preferred a better outcome if the cost was going to be $30+ .

ChibiM

Enlightened
Klarus G35 is on its way here...

recently received the ROT66, BLF GT Mini, Jetbeam HT10 and Haikelite MT03 TA

Revcov

Newly Enlightened
New here and new to "better" flashlights overall - first purchase on way is an Olight S1 mini (non-HCRI) model. Should arrive today.

Scribe

Newly Enlightened
New here and new to "better" flashlights overall - first purchase on way is an Olight S1 mini (non-HCRI) model. Should arrive today.
Hopefully you can stop there. I started with the same light and my bank account has been drained once I found Oveready, Hds, and Okluma. Its been a great ride, but don't ever tell the wife how much they cost.

KaIIe

Newly Enlightened
Hi Folks,
got a SureFire Minimus 300 headlamp incoming. Pretty excited, will be my first premium one after some already stupid expensive ones handhelds.
I was thinking about a lot for what my next edc headlamp will be, and it's mainly because I'm really in love with my HDS Rotarys. It has become my most favorite ui so I hope i made the right choice. I'm also excited for the color temperature and cri, as I'm quite picky.
Greetings Kalle

rjking

Enlightened
Just arrived. TripLed and Tanafied TITAN Plus. :p

b715ee.jpg

dr457q.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Still on a Vape buying run:poke:;)

Actually I've been on good behavior all around V.
But one day I got a note asking if I use my 1aa Malkoff MDC that had a VME and an M31w very much. Not really was the answer.
I had also acquired the original neutral 3 setting engine that is used for the 3 lumen startup. I wanted to keep that part to use on a Klarus P1a as it has more grip than the MDC body. But the MDC/VME/M31W deserved a good home.... it's original home actually.

I boxed up the MDC/VME/M31w with an incan Solitaire and mailed it out.
A few days later I received a package. A donation to the LED museum and a couple of surprises.

IMG_20180908_151550.jpg

A pre-scuffed Purple E01, a VictorNox officer knife, and a tiny Gerber.

Gurdygurds, that purple light won't be collecting dust in the LED museum. It's going to tag along edc style with that Gerber.

And yeah I did pick up another vape.
IMG_20180908_152333.jpg

A backup for a backup.

And some old school cig-a-like tips. Like that purple E01 the intended "spare" went into edc role.

IMG_20180908_154616.jpg

My Dynamic Duo of e-cig-a-likes.

Last edited:

adnj

Enlightened
I still EDC this in my work bag. Excellent power and regulation and none of the "OMG über-turbo-deathray 10000 lumens for the first two picoseconds of runtime and then timed stepdown to 54 lumens" of more recent lights.
This is still my favorite backyard light. Perfect in so many ways.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
D4Svn
ROT66vn
Dereelight XSvn
Meteor M43
E04vn

Most should be here by Monday. Going to be fun.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight M1T Raider;
Bosch GO Screwdriver.

P.S.: Bosch GO has been purchased at Amazon.de where it is priced €46.92.

Last edited:

Latest posts