INOVA Inforce line (was: Inova SHOT/IWA 2008 prototype)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you Inova.
Thank you Surefire.
Thank you Icon.

Your "no export for you!" policy just sucks... Totally nonsense! :mad:

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inova & surefire I'm not surprised but icon thats weird since there manufactured in china.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
276... do you wanna listen the end of the joke ?

"You should support your local dealer..."

Ok, but there is NO local dealers in my country, or around my country... :crackup:

Not funny... not funny at all.

rtt

Enlightened
I was looking at the Inova Inforce website and under the company page heading at the bottom of the page it states "Made In U.S.A". Is the led that is used in the Inforce models made in the US?

Here is the link to the page www.inova-mil.com/company.html

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
276... do you wanna listen the end of the joke ?

"You should support your local dealer..."

Ok, but there is NO local dealers in my country, or around my country... :crackup:

Not funny... not funny at all.

You are in bad happenstance, living in a country that does not have the dealerships that you need to purchase some of the flashlight that you want. Have you tried asking CPF members to buy and send you lights of your choosing? Is there anything proactive that you can do to get what you want short of moving to another country. I feel for you and I know what it can be like to not get something that you want based on policies, etc, and in my case government restrictions. I may want to have an automatic pocket knife with a blade length over two inches, but I can not carry one in CA. In some other states yes, but not in the state that I life in. Sort of different in my case cause I can not and will not cause an automatice knife to be imported to me, but in your case you must be able to figure a way to get a flashlight of your choosing. :devil:

Bill

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, 4 months is a long enough wait for me, I've canceled my pre-order and received refund, and getting off the inforce boat. Good luck to rest of you. :)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope BOG get his order soon 4months is a long time, but not thinking about it helps pass the time...sometimes.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are in bad happenstance, living in a country that does not have the dealerships that you need to purchase some of the flashlight that you want. Have you tried asking CPF members to buy and send you lights of your choosing? Is there anything proactive that you can do to get what you want short of moving to another country. I feel for you and I know what it can be like to not get something that you want based on policies, etc, and in my case government restrictions. I may want to have an automatic pocket knife with a blade length over two inches, but I can not carry one in CA. In some other states yes, but not in the state that I life in. Sort of different in my case cause I can not and will not cause an automatice knife to be imported to me, but in your case you must be able to figure a way to get a flashlight of your choosing. :devil:

Bill

Bill, thanks for your kind words. You´re the first one.

The problem, in my opinion, is that I can´t see a LOGICAL reason for the prohibition. I´ve always bought Fenix, Lumapowers, Dereelights from american dealers (guys that I trust, with awesome customer service), but I can´t buy Surefires and Icon lights, and there is no logical reason for that. I found one guy here in Brazil that sells Surefire lights, but he´s NOT an official dealer, and his prices are out of scale, charging us with more than 100% from the real prices (a E1B Backup is 350 dollars!).

I swear... If they give me a logical reason for the restriction, and point me a local trustable dealer, I would stop rambling...

I don´t know if there are CPF members that can receive SF lights and ship them to me. I know there is a lot of trustable guys around here, but I just don´t know which one I should ask that, if I should ask that...

Other funny thing is that I can buy an automatic blade from US (I have Kershaws, Microtechs, Spydercos, SOGs), but I can´t buy a flashlight. I am a federal agent, and there are ways that I can even buy a pistol from US dealers (Glock, Beretta, H&K), but not a SUREFIRE, INOVA or ICON light!

And that´s not a government resctriction (like it is in your case - Arnie Schwarznegger?), but it´s a company restriction. American and brazilian governments doesn´t give a damn if I buy a flashlight or not, but Surefire (and Icon) and Inova does, and I just don´t know why (the logical reason...).

Do you understand that ? Neither do I...

SORRY FOR THE OFF TOPIC GUYS... :thumbsup:

Last edited:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys,

After checking up on this thread, I decided to send Inova a email about the status of shipment on these lights. Their response was:

We are shipping these lights now.

Thank you

Hopefully, we'll be seeing these soon! :twothumbs

MSax

alex in germany

Newly Enlightened
IMHO, they are "protecting" the Local dealers.

Most SF lights are more expensive over here, how much depends on the dealer.

At this time there is only one shop who has the Inforce Color, but for 100% more than the US price.
With the Internet and paypal international oders are easy, shipping is fast, and the Offical Local Dealers can´t sell her stuff, but they have the stock, are asked for support or accessories.

That will not help you, but maybe you can find one here on the CPF.

Alex

Monocrom

Flashaholic
IMHO, they are "protecting" the Local dealers.

That's understandable. But some common sense is needed as well.

Tough to protect a local dealer if there aren't any in a particular nation.

Wouldn't be hard to maintain a list of Authorized Dealers and where they're based. Then if an international customer wishes to buy a product, they can either be pointed to the nearest dealer.... or allowed to buy direct, if there isn't one.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inova is trying to protect its dealers located in the 4th dimension or a "ghost" dealer, given the fact there is hardly ANY high-end Flashlight dealers outside of America or Asia.

Just try to buy a SureFire in the French Guiana...

biglipps66

Newly Enlightened
These lights are brand spanking new to be shipped out ya.. Be patient people! :twothumbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts