Inova X0 available at Discovery channel store?

maverick

Enlightened
Hi, I read before that some people were able to buy the Inova X0 from the discovery channel stores.... can someone confirm they still sell them there? I'll be going to LA real soon and might pick one up if they're still available. Thanks!

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I remembered, it was mentioned that the X0s were sent to the store by mistake and has already been taken off the shelves... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
As of a few days ago, the Discovery store in the mall had about 15 of the XO's on sale...

--dan

PS Moved to LED...

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked one up yesterday from my local Discovery Channel store. It's kinda hefty for a 2X123 light, but I found the output to be VERY nice...quite impressive for a 1 watter! It's got a few rings on the outer part of the corona as a result of the unique optics, but they're not noticable at any distance beyond 15 or 20 feet (normal use...not white wall). To my eye, the hotspot appears to be about 50% larger than the hotspot of my Arc4+, and almost twice as bright. It doesn't have much in the way of spill light, but the nice wide hotspot makes up for that fairly well. Like I said before, it IS fairly large for a 2X123 cell light; but it feels good in the hand and it's performance is quite impressive! If you get one I don't think you'll be disappointed. However, be CHOOSEY when selecting one. Of the three that were left where I bought mine, two of them had very nice color/centering to the beams. The other one had somewhat of a donut hole in an off-centered beam, and there was a very noticable greenish tint to the outer edge of the hotspot. FYI...

PJD

M

MeridianTactical

Hi All,

I should have my XO order in to ship out early next week. I spoke to an inova rep this AM and I was told early next week. I'm even going to drive down to RI to get them to save a day!

Still room on the pre-order list.

And it looks like a month more for some of the new models!

Chris

steve_vance

Enlightened
why don't you call the store and ask them? Or visit the website? There's a lot of wrong information out there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
I was at my local Discovery store yesterday....they still had some and were never told to take them off the shelves. I also ordered 2 more in the Titanium finish yesterday, for delivery on or about May 10th.

Viper

Newly Enlightened
I went to the Discovery local store, and they had about 5 available. I purchased one of course.

I have not tried it out yet. Maybe this weekend.

maverick

Enlightened
I went to the store in Century City (Los Angeles). They only sold the little keyring Inova and the X5. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif